Charlie Gard's mother's anguish as judge sets out timetable for tot's death
Charlie Gard's mother yelled in anguish as a High Court judge set a timetable for the end of the terminally-ill baby's life.
Mr Justice Francis said Charlie would move to a hospice if his parents and doctors at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London could not settle a dispute over where he would spend his last days by noon on Thursday.
The judge said life-support treatment would end shortly after Charlie arrived at the hospice.
Connie Yates and Chris Gard wanted to be given time to reach agreement over end-of-life plans for their son.
Ms Yates walked out of what could be the final court... read more
- 08:51 Donington on Bain choir spreads Christmas cheer in Louth
- 08:51 Tragedy after animals perish in Louth pet shop flooding
- 08:50 Warwick Lions Club and volunteers create food parcels for those in...
- 08:49 Delays on A19 expected after three-vehicle crash
- 08:49 Fears of four-hour delays on roads over Christmas
- 08:49 Croston rings with festive cheer
- 08:49 Winter wonderland fair at Duxbury Park in Chorley hampered by snow
- 08:49 Lytham Road crash was 'hit and run', police say
- 08:48 More Man Utd signings not the solution despite better recruitment...
- 08:48 Cristiano Ronaldo demands Real Madrid secure deal for PSG forward -...
- 08:47 Derbyshire Police rated as ‘good’ by inspectors
- 08:45 Derbyshire Police rated as ‘good’ by inspectors
- 08:44 Latest: Crash closes A66 at Keswick
- 08:44 A chic but cheap new arrival to the Paris hotel scene is drawing...
- 08:44 Diver pulls off terrifying waterfall plunge inside Grand Canyon -...
- 08:44 Christmas advert rankings REVEALED and you won’t believe what came...
- 08:43 Christmas appeal for Notts 'Hospice at Home' service
- 08:43 Dad-of-three creates out-of-this-world winter wonderland in his...
- 08:43 Mesut Ozil keeps Manchester United on hold to wait for Barcelona’s...
- 08:43 Metal detector enthusiasts find English Civil War coins in...
- 08:42 Lewis Hamilton: F1 star makes sensational claim about mending Nico...
- 08:40 Are you in these Doncaster school photos from 1952?
- 08:40 Sheffield entertainer Bobby Knutt's cause of death revealed
- 08:39 Liverpool news: Danny Ings targeted by West Brom boss Alan Pardew
- 08:39 'Meghan Markle' and 'fidget spinners' top UK Google search
- 08:39 Meghan Markle, iPhone X and fidget spinners among top Google...
- 08:38 Derbyshire Police rated as ‘good’ by inspectors
- 08:37 Brexit: SNP ‘is blocking publication of Scots EU powers’
- 08:37 Warwickshire Police needs to make improvment
- 08:37 Fears of four-hour delays on roads over Christmas