Charlie Austin at the double as Southampton impress again
Southampton climbed into the Premier League's top eight with a convincing 3-1 home defeat of Burnley at the start of a period that could define their season.
They maintained the fine form they had displayed before the international break by comfortably outplaying their visitors and securing all three points with two goals from Charlie Austin and another from Nathan Redmond.
Sunday's fixture represented Southampton's first in a run of seven in 22 days, the next of which is among the biggest in their history in the Europa League at Inter Milan.
Their manager Claude Puel has so far... read more
- 21:42 Town fans thank Examiner after car parking fines are cancelled
- 21:42 Arsenal prepare new bid to seal world record Kylian Mbappe transfer
- 21:40 Transfer rumour: West Brom and Hull 'have Egypt international watched'
- 21:38 Theresa May reveals whether EU nationals will be allowed to stay in...
- 21:38 Leader comment: Brexit denial is more malady than melody
- 21:38 Checks find combustible cladding on seven tower blocks
- 21:37 Tom Cruise sex shock: He 'juggled Bible study and bl** jobs' on set...
- 21:34 Police appeal for dash-cam footage after reported sex attack in Wirral
- 21:32 Jaylen Brown Exclusive: Boston Celtics fans will be excited about...
- 21:32 Alexis Sanchez will decide Arsenal future after 'break' - Lee Dixon
- 21:32 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp hails second summer signing
- 21:32 Roger Federer looking forward to Wimbledon showdown to challenge...
- 21:32 Liverpool confirm Roberto Firmino as new number nine: Club offers...
- 21:32 Rory McIlroy disappointed with missed putts but feeling optimistic...
- 21:31 Fears cliff may collapse a third time after giant crack appears...
- 21:31 Plans to close two Derby city centre car parks concerns drivers -...
- 21:27 Mohamed Salah to wear No.11 at Liverpool after completing £39m...
- 21:27 I’ll give county a determined and loud voice
- 21:27 Passengers face three more days of misery after new rail strike is...
- 21:25 Global stocks advance on modest oil bounce
- 21:25 U.S. voices concern about violence against monitors in east Ukraine
- 21:24 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp delighted with Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Done Deal: Liverpool complete Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Tail docking row: could it cost Nicola Sturgeon votes?
- 21:22 What can the SNP teach Theresa May about minority government?
- 21:22 May offers EU nationals the right to stay after Brexit
- 21:19 Wall St. ends flat but healthcare stocks rally
- 21:18 US man 'gave Chinese agent secrets'
- 21:17 Fears for missing Thornliebank pensioner as police appeal for...
- 21:16 Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore on brink of move to Lyon for £16m