Charity walkers in Barrow and Walney raise vital funds for heart charity
Participants took on a three or five-mile loop of Walney or a 12-mile circuit around Barrow to raise cash for the charity's vital research.
Barbara Dunn, the BHF fundraising manager for Lancashire and South Lakes, helped to organise the event.
Mrs Dunn said: "I'm so grateful for everybody that has made the effort to come down and show their support. We couldn't fund research without the supporters who have taken part in the walk today.
"Three quarters of a million people live with heart failure in the UK which is incredibly debilitating and life threatening so this research is... read more
- 10:00 Retail sales fall 1.9% in December
- 10:00 You should report passengers who watch porn on public transport,...
- 09:59 Sheffield teacher named as Yorkshire’s ‘souper star’
- 09:59 Nottinghamshire farmer plants 'edible woodland'
- 09:59 College plans to take on former deeds building
- 09:58 Funeral of Daniel McMullen takes place in Workington today
- 09:58 Hospital faces rise in business rates
- 09:58 Man caught on CCTV stealing meat worth £60 from Leeds Road Co-op
- 09:57 Overturned car in serious accident near Tamworth
- 09:57 Two patients treated after collision near West Midlands Water Ski...
- 09:57 Husband of Kulwinder Kaur charged with her murder
- 09:56 Lancaster cafe owner denies owing ex-staff wages
- 09:57 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: We tried our best - Steve Bruce
- 09:56 City becomes national LGBT hub
- 09:56 Sheffield man jailed after turning 'ceramic bong' shaped like...
- 09:56 A new era for your favourite local newspapers
- 09:56 Dan Evans reaches fourth round of a Grand Slam for first time after...
- 09:56 Jealous husband stabbed wife to death because she talked to...
- 09:56 City News: Halfords' happy Christmas, furniture-makers fined and a...
- 09:56 U.S. consortium reveals failed bid for Nottingham Forest
- 09:56 Hospitals issue safety alerts
- 09:56 Manchester United could do with a miracle but it's Man City who...
- 09:56 Uber to pay $20 million to settle U.S. claims it misled drivers
- 09:55 Devastated family of missing dad-of-four pay heartbreaking tribute...
- 09:53 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:53 Enthusiasts putting on their dancing shoes for Roy Castle
- 09:53 BREAKING: ISIS destroys ancient monuments in Palmyra after jihadis...
- 09:52 Todmorden’s Yorkshire Bank branch to be axed
- 09:52 David De Gea offers Manchester United star Paul Pogba advice after...
- 09:52 World-class striker discusses transfer to Liverpool