Charity night raises £6,000 in memory of teenager
A fundraising event to celebrate the life of a teenager who died suddenly from an asthma attack raised thousands of pounds in his memory.
Roy and Janet Peacock organised the charity night on the day their son Joel would have turned 21.
They and their partners Dawn Peacock and Carl Smith wanted to support Asthma UK and celebrate their happy memories with the youngster, who died in October 2013 at the age of 18.
Mr Peacock said: “The event was absolutely brilliant. A lot of family and friends, around 300 people, showed their support on the night.
“It was a lovely way to remember Joel.... read more
- 08:10 Chelsea Transfer News: £10m Man Utd move, three Costa replacements,...
- 08:10 Tiger Woods return: Age should NOT be an excuse, claims Ernie Els
- 08:10 Updated: Emergency services stood down after bomb scare
- 08:10 Gmail hack: Even tech-savvy users fooled by sophisticated phishing...
- 08:09 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:09 The morning news headlines: Theresa May faces questioning by MPs...
- 08:09 ‘Paedophile hunter’ was a child abuser himself
- 08:09 Country & Coast: Innocent awakenings offer the first signs of spring
- 08:09 Anger at hotel shutdown
- 08:09 Juventus to offer Arsenal audacious Miralem Pjanic swap deal for...
- 08:08 World healthcare expert applauds 'pioneering' scheme in Millom
- 08:08 Century-old Lucy still loving life down on the farm in Barrow
- 08:08 Two separate bids made to run Dalton zoo
- 08:08 Barrow man ordered to reduce alcohol intake after drunkenly kicking...
- 08:08 Warnings made of pothole 'tipping point' as funding allocation for...
- 08:08 Friends of the X112 horrified after vital funds are sent back to...
- 08:08 Ulverston Post Office closure came "out of the blue" according to...
- 08:08 EXCLUSIVE: Barrow firefighters say 'There has never been a greater...
- 08:08 Thousands missing out on 'grandparents' credit'
- 08:07 A big thank you from National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas for...
- 08:07 New occupant for Edinburgh’s BioQuarter life sciences hub
- 08:06 Why aren’t we buying tampons anymore?
- 08:06 Hurrah for Gin! These gin drawings perfectly capture the struggles...
- 08:06 Chinese New Year: Find out which animal you are and what that means
- 08:06 RPT-Brexit drives push for bigger Frankfurt role in exchange merger
- 08:05 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 08:05 Preston’s Harris in danger of ‘mutilation’ says society
- 08:04 Who are the runners and riders for the top job at Hartlepool United?
- 08:04 Colliery clean-up recruits the community for 10-week project
- 08:04 Police appeal after Hartlepool cyclist injured in hit and run