Charity effort from local firm
0 Have your say Staff at Howdens Joinery in Brighouse held a ‘trade day’ on which customers were invited to support Overgate Hospice and £234.70 was raised from their raffle, cake sale and other fundraising activities.
An internal competition at Howdens was also held to see which branch could raise the most money for their chosen charity. They went on to win this additional prize of £300 which boosted their donation to the Brighouse shops to £534.70.
Overgate shop manager Jacqueline Yates said; “We are always grateful for the support of local businesses in Brighouse and would like to... read more
- 09:10 Health board snoops punishing staff for being critical of NHS on...
- 09:10 Foodies turn out to Hoghton Farmers’ Market despite bad weather
- 09:10 WARNING - GRAPHIC PICTURES: Derbyshire man suffers horrific burns...
- 09:10 WEATHER: Patchy rain and heavy cloud
- 09:09 BADMINTONscotland ask who will follow Hamilton ace Kirsty Gilmour...
- 09:09 Lanark Amateur Swimming Club take medals and a record from the West...
- 09:09 Hamilton Judo Club youths take nine medals from Kendal Open
- 09:07 Heartbreaking moment dog helps to bury his dead brother after he’s...
- 09:07 ‘Council must be ambitious despite government funding cuts’, says...
- 09:07 Delight as fundraising total in memory of Liam Gough tops £18,500
- 09:06 Rugby league club is soaring with new partnership
- 09:06 Plenty of support for school’s careers fair
- 09:05 Cracking chocolate fundraiser for Coningsby & Tattershall Lions
- 09:05 7 stunning cities you can fly to for less than £100
- 09:05 Fit in 4: The 5-minute Pilates routine that carves your core
- 09:04 Magpie Cafe fish recipe: Hake with garlic and spinach gratin
- 09:03 Fighting for Tony: the Cumbrian fightback starts here
- 09:03 KPMG decides to close down Preston office
- 09:02 Manchester United vs Southampton, EFL Cup final High Court: Which...
- 09:02 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police
- 08:58 The night Foo Fighters played Sheffield Arena
- 08:56 Councillors argue over almost 5% increase in tax bills
- 08:56 Grimsby Town will strive to find the right balance in League Two...
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot says his Mariners have the X-Factor...
- 08:56 Selfless YMCA volunteer took fatal overdose
- 08:54 Troubled Black Country bar fails to sell at auction
- 08:54 'I was that big, I could steer the bus with my belly': Driver John...