Charity cooks up recipe for brain injury patients
A new cooking project has been launched by the Headway Charity at Preston to help adults who have suffered a brain injury to retain their independence.
The scheme, which will start in January, has been given a welcome boost after the Morrisons Foundation presented a grant to help its funding.
Headway Manager Liz Bamber from Headway Preston and Chorley said the money would go to supporting the monthly workshops, which will include a cook and eat session, instructions how to follow recipes and memory aids to support people at home with cooking and nutrition.
The project is for adults who have... read more
- 10:42 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 University students urged to get vaccinated against meningitis and...
- 10:37 Woman punched in the face by man in Kettering
- 10:37 Liverpool FC boss Klopp's dig at 'long-ball' Manchester United
- 10:37 David Beckham pays tribute to Manchester United staff member who...
- 10:37 Man dies following head-on crash on the A361 near Daventry
- 10:37 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 Everton FC fans witness Tom Davies' coming of age
- 10:37 ‘I’m allergic to my husband’
- 10:37 'Under Dean Keates there is a team forming' - Wrexham AFC fans give...
- 10:37 Mexico BPM music festival: Reports of shootings in clubs
- 10:37 'Anne Frank link' unearthed at Sobibor camp
- 10:37 Egypt court upholds ruling halting transfer of islands to Saudi Arabia
- 10:37 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:37 Mold Festival of Light is a dazzling success
- 10:36 Inquest into Staffordshire and Derbyshire couple killed in Tunisia...
- 10:36 Netflix customers targeted in phishing scam which aims to steal...
- 10:36 Italy discussing its budget problems with EU - Treasury official
- 10:36 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:35 Arsenal plot shock move to beat Man United and Chelsea to £50m star...
- 10:35 YP Comment: Time to reinvent cones hotline?
- 10:35 Couple on benefits spent £40,000 on their wedding