Charity ball in memory of Scunthorpe man
A CHARITY ball in memory of a Scunthorpe man who died suddenly last year will take place next weekend.
Nathan Slade, 26, died from sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP) in August, aged 26.
The charity ball will take place on Saturday night (October 22) at the Wortley House Hotel in Scunthorpe, and will raise funds in aid of SUDEP Action.
The event, which includes a three-course meal, a raffle/auction and a disco, is now fully booked.
It will take place a day before SUDEP awareness day, which is marked on October 23.
Nathan's mum Toni said: "His death came as an enormous shock to... read more
- 18:23 'Tremendous victory' hailed as Lakes Line services return
- 18:22 Every Hull emergency crew race to house fire - then find out it's a...
- 18:21 Government defeated in House of Lords over vote on final Brexit deal
- 18:21 Police investigate damage to ancient Highland burial cairn
- 18:19 Man who died after being found with serious injuries at Warrington...
- 18:19 Royal Ascot 2018 day one tipping guide: all roads lead to Romanised
- 18:19 Romelu Lukaku double ensures Belgium stroll to win against Panama
- 18:18 Bird Lovegod: Future is fintech and the North must embrace it
- 18:18 Blackfriar: The question marks over future of Yorkshire Bank brand
- 18:18 'I was a mini bastard': Sir Edward Leigh looks back on his 35 years...
- 18:18 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:18 Bus passengers stop packed coach from crashing on motorway after...
- 18:17 21-month jail sentence for man who lunged at stranger with knife...
- 18:17 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:16 Parkinson’s Café up and running in town
- 18:16 Charity call for more shop volunteers across region
- 18:16 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:15 Chelsea and England starlet heading to Coventry City - reports
- 18:15 Ex-Coventry City, Liverpool and Chelsea man takes up coaching role...
- 18:15 Bumper pay-day beckons as ex-Coventry City star nears Premier...
- 18:15 England should 'not come down too hard on Eddie Jones' after series...
- 18:15 A quick taste of Coventry City's travels in League One next season
- 18:15 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:14 West Brom 'in negotiations' over double sale - reports
- 18:14 Driver trapped for an hour following horror M6 crash
- 18:13 Time capsule buried under former police station found by builders
- 18:13 Ban on Barrow taxi drivers flying England flags overturned
- 18:13 Yarlside win Furness Academy Sport Award
- 18:13 Northumberland pupils set for boardroom challenge
- 18:12 Vintage train company steps in to reopen Lake District line