Chapecoense air crash: What will investigators look for?
A team of British accident investigators is in Colombia to help understand why this aircraft crashed. But what will they be looking for?
I've just been speaking to a former investigator at the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB), Stephen Moss, who spent 35 years on crash scenes including Lockerbie and the Manchester runway fire in 1985.
He told me there were three AAIB people in Columbia, one with a pilot background, an engineer and an expert in flight-data recorders (black boxes).
Investigations have strict rules. One of the team will be picked as the official liaison, dealing with... read more
- 11:37 Who is Marshall McLuhan, the star of the latest Google Doodle?
- 11:37 Pound v US dollar: GBP could surge against USD on Fed rate decision
- 11:36 Dave Mackay happy with workrate of his Stirling Albion side in...
- 11:36 Joanne Calderwood left raging after points decision goes against...
- 11:36 Boots faces morning-after pill cost row
- 11:35 First class garden for a flower show
- 11:35 Manchester United target Eric Dier keen on transfer despite...
- 11:35 How Linkin Park made rap metal memorable
- 11:35 Paper round-up: Barcelona want Coutinho, Wilshere to West Ham,...
- 11:34 Alliances made as Ulverston prepares for worst case scenario
- 11:34 National crime expert brings experience to Cumbria police service
- 11:35 Antonio Conte: Chelsea have signed a fantastic striker in...
- 11:34 Barrow fire boss praises his men after four-car inferno
- 11:34 Barrow school thankful for new inclusive sensory room
- 11:34 Barrow man jailed for carrying drugs and lock knife
- 11:34 Debate: Recorded crime figures on the rise
- 11:34 Twinkling Stars is officially world class
- 11:34 Cancer fighting cop's year of fundraising
- 11:32 Blac Chyna seems over Rob Kardashian scandal as she joins Nicki...
- 11:32 Family pays tribute to 'beautiful angel' mum-of-four killed in car...
- 11:32 What are the dangers, effects, and laws when it comes to Molly...
- 11:32 Coventry City matches set to be broadcast online
- 11:31 It's the fight club!
- 11:31 A successful run of sports development
- 11:31 These are the most common travel scams - and here's how to avoid them
- 11:31 Coroner rules concerns over care of elderly woman did not cause death
- 11:31 Police officer crisis as the numbers plummet
- 11:31 Motorist to stand trial
- 11:31 Have you heard about the bird?
- 11:31 It's on the buses for prom night