Chaos as M4 closes for half a day after lorry overturns spilling diesel over carriagway
The M4 has been closed for half a day after a lorry overturned spilling diesel and garden waste on the carriageway near Reading leading to huge tailbacks.
Here’s how many calories your chewing gum habit is racking up Authorities expect the motorway’s westbound carriageway to be shut until at least midnight after the incident shortly before 1pm between Maidenhead and Wokingham.
The truck careered onto its side and slammed into the central reservation. An air ambulance took the driver to hospital although his condition is not yet known.
The truck, which was carrying fuel used in power... read more
- 12:00 Film shows why Hull and Iceland aren't so different as Arctic...
- 12:00 Two rescued from Bootle flat fire
- 12:00 ‘He’s on a ledge' Phillip and Holly FEAR for baby’s safety as he...
- 11:59 The many benefits of volunteering
- 11:59 Bikes stolen in Baginton burglary
- 11:59 Azerbaijan President Aliyev makes wife Mehriban his deputy
- 11:59 Nottingham named one of the best cities to become friends with your...
- 11:59 Look inside this six-bed house for sale on Nottingham's...
- 11:58 Storm Doris to bring damaging winds and heavy rain to Grimsby area
- 11:58 France joins the party as euro zone economic outlook shines
- 11:58 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 11:57 Sheffield College students stage Shakespeare inspired show
- 11:56 Missing Warwick man found safe
- 11:55 Byron Sixth Form College into national F1 Schools competition final
- 11:55 Tributes left to Sunderland fan who died in cycling tragedy
- 11:55 Manchester United players and Jose Mourinho in positive mood ahead...
- 11:54 Labour to host vigil for Louth Hospital and NHS
- 11:54 SS-GB: BBC to 'look at' sound levels after complaints
- 11:53 Toyota tease futuristic electric city car concept that'll be...
- 11:53 BMW reveals new flying motorcycle and you'll never believe what...
- 11:53 Manchester United v St-Etienne: Jose Mourinho receives injury boost
- 11:53 Wrexham teenagers arrested on suspicion of robbery
- 11:53 The Lords has "lost its honour" - is it time for them to go?
- 11:53 EU banking watchdog revises new payments rules
- 11:53 As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations
- 11:52 Man suffers burns to face and head in car fire
- 11:52 BREAKING: Jacob Benet Cook pleads guilty to child sex offences
- 11:52 Wayne Rooney returns to training ahead of Manchester United’s EFL...
- 11:51 Why Sutton's 23-stone goalkeeper Wayne Shaw might regret eating a...
- 11:51 Is your Wirral bus route at risk of being scrapped?