Channel 4 defends streaming the battle for Mosul on Facebook Live amid criticism it is using war as entertainment
Several broadcasters have been criticised for using Facebook Live to stream a conflict for the first time.
Channel 4 has defended its decision to go ahead with the broadcast yesterday which showed Iraqi and Kurdish forces advancing on Islamic State militants in Mosul.
The British broadcaster was one of several outlets to stream live footage of the battle, including Al-Jazeera.
Mosul is the Islamic State's last major stronghold in Iraq.
Channel 4's Facebook Live has had more than 529,000 views since it was shown yesterday at 10:26am BST (5:26am ET).
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'Not... read more
- 10:17 Move over Tatooine: Incredible video shows THREE SUNS appear over...
- 10:17 X-Factor star Honey G to play live show in Sheffield tonight
- 10:17 The 'Shazam for faces': World's first facial recognition for...
- 10:17 PICTURES: Olaf greets visitors to the Lowedges Christmas market
- 10:17 British teenagers lag behind world's best in maths and reading tests
- 10:16 MOBO award winner to compose RSC score
- 10:15 FCA tightens rules for spread betting products
- 10:15 Pisa tests: Singapore top in global education rankings
- 10:15 Kiosks for clubbers to test quality of party drugs “could save lives”
- 10:15 Morecambe Arndale Centre’s Argos store to close
- 10:15 David Eatock: It was a part of my life I wanted to forget – I’d...
- 10:15 Inquest to take place after Barrow car park plunge
- 10:15 GLIDER TRAGEDY UPDATE: Eye witness says glider fell to the ground...
- 10:14 The five Premier League stars who scored the highest percentage of...
- 10:14 Dutch defender is wanted: Arsenal will locks horn with Man United...
- 10:13 Woman seen running from scene after attempted Knaresborough burglary
- 10:14 Arsenal star: Why beating Man United was a career highlight
- 10:13 Aldi to recruit dozens more staff across area
- 10:13 WATCH: Song for Christmas - Elland C of E Junior and Infant School
- 10:13 Police probe suspected arson attack in South Shields
- 10:12 Manchester United defender Phil Jones admits 'dropping points is...
- 10:11 A hair-raising way to help
- 10:11 Loris Karius and Lucas Leiva must improve if Liverpool are to win...
- 10:09 Borough chief Kennedy won't be standing down even after 'unreserved...
- 10:09 Northampton’s biggest single social housing development for 30...
- 10:09 Nelson cousins meet TV stars
- 10:09 City designers join online marketplace
- 10:09 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents
- 10:08 Prison sentence handed to Swadlincote lorry driver is criticised
- 10:07 CCTV image released after £2,400 jewellery theft