Channel 4 defends streaming the battle for Mosul on Facebook Live amid criticism it is using war as entertainment
Several broadcasters have been criticised for using Facebook Live to stream a conflict for the first time.
Channel 4 has defended its decision to go ahead with the broadcast yesterday which showed Iraqi and Kurdish forces advancing on Islamic State militants in Mosul.
The British broadcaster was one of several outlets to stream live footage of the battle, including Al-Jazeera.
Mosul is the Islamic State's last major stronghold in Iraq.
Channel 4's Facebook Live has had more than 529,000 views since it was shown yesterday at 10:26am BST (5:26am ET).
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'Not... read more
- 07:44 Unai Emery to Arsenal: New manager will be under INTENSE pressure...
- 07:43 Bury North MP James Frith opens Old Hall Primary School's new annex
- 07:43 Ferrari driver involved in supercar smash in Sheffield tracked down...
- 07:42 Rail groups coupling together to revive electrification proposals
- 07:39 Toni Kroos FEARS Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool due to his time at...
- 07:39 Liverpool News: Lyon offer major Fekir update, Kroos claim,...
- 07:39 Philippe Coutinho makes Barcelona ace Lionel Messi submit transfer...
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs
- 07:15 Ulverston driver due to appear in court accused of failing to stop...
- 07:15 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:15 Chance to win VIP tickets for The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Cheers: Friends and family pay tribute to former Barrow landlord
- 07:15 Selfless volunteers praised for combined 30 year commitment to...
- 07:15 Barrow man to face criminal damage charge
- 07:13 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:13 Outdoor company Patagonia backs bid to restore Lake District route...
- 07:13 Carlisle hospital guard assaulted after patient's tobacco theft fears
- 07:13 Festival can go ahead after 11th-hour hearing
- 07:10 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:09 GPs need access to database of social activities to help lonely...
- 07:09 Street and park cordoned off in Sheffield suburb amid reports of...