Chancellor unveils plans to sell remaining stake in Lloyds Banking Group
The Chancellor is to reboot plans to sell the Government's remaining £3.6 billion stake in Lloyds Banking Group, but has abandoned a retail sale.
Philip Hammond said heightened volatility in financial markets would see the Government's 9.1% stake sold through a trading plan to institutional investors.
The move would ensure the Government recoups the entire £20.3 billion used to bail out the bank during the 2008 financial crisis, Mr Hammond said.
Shares in Lloyds, which have plunged 23% since Britain voted to leave the European Union, were down more than 3% after the announcement.
Speaking... read more
- 16:13 Delaying clamping the umbilical cord by just 3 MINUTES reduces the...
- 16:13 Gynecologist slams Gwyneth Paltrow's 'vagina eggs' as 'dangerous'...
- 16:13 Why Lancashire County Council may be watching you
- 16:12 Lost dolphins spotted heading towards Milton Keynes
- 16:11 Sam Ricketts backs Russell Slade to steer Coventry City clear of...
- 16:11 Chelsea want Karim Benzema: Real Madrid striker is No.1 target to...
- 16:11 Kenedy hits back at Flamengo claims after Diego Costa’s comment on...
- 16:10 Manchester United's run of televised FA Cup games moves onto 56...
- 16:10 GCHQ seeks teenage girls to join cyber security fight
- 16:10 Barcelona legend Rivaldo hangs out with Lionel Messi, Neymar and...
- 16:10 Football child abuse scandal: Number of claims tops 1,000
- 16:09 Berwick set to mark the 50th anniversary of ‘greatest day’
- 16:09 Proof needed of taxi drivers’ right to work
- 16:09 Abandoned vehicle causing delays on M1
- 16:08 Stocks, dollar steady after Trump-led dip
- 16:08 Israel deploys "Star Wars" missile killer system
- 16:07 West Bridgford house once home to a Dambusters hero on sale for...
- 16:07 Delays to tram services after incident in The Meadows
- 16:07 15 year jail sentence forSt Ann's who raped child
- 16:07 City pub will soon be home to Nottingham's only vintage analogue...
- 16:07 Man United benefited from Christian Benteke's FA Cup double -...
- 16:07 This is what the law says on what to do if somebody parks outside...
- 16:06 Coton Green boss Masefield's delight as Green Army hit six
- 16:06 Coleshill Town fans are enjoying a 'feast of football'
- 16:06 Leamington park improvement works to start next week
- 16:06 Troon boss warns his team of relegation battle ahead of visit of...
- 16:05 Controversial plans for Moresby Parks houses given green light
- 16:05 Wrexham AFC striker Izale McLeod delighted to open his Dragons account
- 16:04 Lindley clock tower to be illuminated 115 years after it was built
- 16:04 Abandoned vehicle causing delays on M1