Chance of new Birmingham City stadium as part of 2026 Commonwealth Games bid
A new Birmingham City FC stadium could be part of the city’s 2026 Commonwealth Games bid if the finances stack up.
The cost and chances of delivering a new stadium will be considered by the committee looking at venues and costs for the Birmingham Games as part of the bid.
But much will hinge on the club’s next owners and the amount of cash on the table from the club, the Government, regional development agencies and investors.
Read More Why Twenty20 cricket could be part of Commonwealth Games 2026
There is a feeling that as Manchester City and West Ham got new stadiums out of Commonwealth... read more
- 15:11 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:11 Two babies, a wedding and a funeral - readers' stories of the Toon...
- 15:10 Wings of Eagle eyes double Derby delight with Epsom winner set to...
- 15:10 Brighouse woman stars in new animated DFS summer advert
- 15:10 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:09 Disabled puppy's inspiring tale to be shown on The Supervet tonight...
- 15:07 VOTE: Notts still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 15:07 Attempted murder victim ran over by Mercedes, chased and then...
- 15:07 Cops hunt man after 27-year-old left with serious injuries in...
- 15:07 Farmers to help shape future of agriculture
- 15:06 Remembering Tank, who was an ‘inspirational father’
- 15:06 Holy Island pilgrimage to be held
- 15:06 Shakespeare set to music by five fools
- 15:06 Tesco urges watchdog to speed up probe
- 15:05 Hebburn high rise building to be used for fire training exercises
- 15:05 Rail bridge is new home for Hucknall community artworks
- 15:05 Michael Ball loved every second of gig in Scarborough "monsoon"
- 15:05 Jobs in Notts on offer now that pay more than £30k a year
- 15:05 New island forms on North Carolina's Atlantic coast
- 15:05 Trump mocks TV host Mika Brzezinski's 'bleeding facelift'
- 15:05 South Africa: Charges over secret breast milk filming
- 15:04 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:04 Business forum is set to be launched
- 15:02 Hesketh Bank GP to move into portable cabin
- 15:01 Burton Hospital bingo session announced
- 15:01 Police investigating reported rape of a man in Rotherham
- 15:01 The virtual reality girlfriends you can FEEL: Cyber dating...
- 15:01 Japan announces plans to put a man on the moon by 2030 as 'Asian...
- 15:01 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 15:01 Elon Musk reveals his 'Godot' machine has started tunnelling...