Cervical screening every 10 years for healthy women is 'safe'
"Cervical cancer: gap between screenings 'can be increased to 10 years'," The Guardian reports.
A Dutch study suggests women who test negative for the human papilloma virus (HPV), the leading cause of cervical cancer, can be safely screened once every 10 years.
Countries including the UK are currently in the process of implementing HPV testing as part of cervical screening.
The study found the long-term incidence of cervical cancer and abnormal cells was low in women who screened negative for HPV.
Researchers followed more than 40,000 women for around 14 years to assess whether... read more
- 17:30 Community saddened by closure of Barge on the Brayford eatery
- 17:29 'The going rate' - Leicester hospital boss defends £490k pay packet
- 17:29 Influential star set for exit: Middlesbrough deal could kick-start...
- 17:28 First look around Beeston micropub and bottle shop Totally Tapped
- 17:28 FTSE ends historic rally, dragged down by banks' 'hard Brexit' worries
- 17:28 Indian tailor confesses to sexually assaulting 'hundreds' of...
- 17:25 Chesterfield Hotel ‘should be used to help town’s homeless’
- 17:24 Nintendo Switch: How much is it? When will it be released?...
- 17:24 Site of popular Indian restaurant in Lincoln put up for sale
- 17:24 'Incredible' neighbours rush to help injured biker after Lincoln crash
- 17:24 Four people injured as serious lorry crash closes A17
- 17:24 Darts ace Dave Chisnall gets married after wedding ring blip
- 17:24 Could Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard be tempted to take over as...
- 17:24 Rush hour delays after crash on M621 motorway in Leeds
- 17:24 REVEALED: Which workers are most likely to drink or drug-drive
- 17:23 Dimitri Payet transfer: West Ham reject second bid from Marseille...
- 17:23 Liverpool line-up predicted: Will Philippe Coutinho start against...
- 17:23 Teenage girl's body discovered on pathway in South Yorkshire
- 17:23 Is North Korea the CANNABIS CAPITAL? Hermit state border hit with...
- 17:23 Biker yobs hunted for spate of vandalism in Sheffield
- 17:23 Council insists new children's centre service 'will cover whole of...
- 17:22 Young woman may have died abroad from drunken fall, inquest told
- 17:22 The main men: Stats confirm who every team’s best player is right now
- 17:22 Transfer News: Man United told to sell star, Arsenal agreement,...
- 17:21 Rush hour delays after crash on M621 motorway in Leeds
- 17:21 Safety first! Father and son passengers amazed to see stewards...
- 17:21 Nine things you might have missed in North Wales: January 16, 2017
- 17:21 Indian airline creates 'women only' section on planes to prevent...
- 17:21 Gwynedd man guilty of harassment locked up after outburst over...
- 17:21 New homes come with £2.4 million investment pledge by housing...