Cervical cancer: New scanners help fight against disease in the Midlands
The University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust has adopted the diagnostic system, called ZedScan, at the gynaecology departments at both the Royal Stoke University Hospital and the County Hospital.
The portable device offers a more accurate diagnosis for women who are at risk of cervical cancer, by measuring and detecting tissue changes in women identified with an abnormal smear test.
The system offers real-time and more accurate detection of pre-cancerous cells than standard colposcopy enabling clinicians to make better informed decisions at a patient’s first visit.
This means that... read more
- 10:12 Sheffield girls’ school scoops ‘BiG’ prize at City Enterprise Awards
- 10:11 Barcelona set to scupper Real Madrid's Man United plan with new...
- 10:11 Woman questioned by detectives after man dies in Leeds house fire
- 10:10 Ireland desperate for Brexit details to call EU negotiator Barnier...
- 10:09 Radio 1 apology over Orlando Bloom 'pikey' comment
- 10:09 Police hunt driver 'who sped off' following serious accident
- 10:08 Leamington pub will be reopened and renamed Old Library after...
- 10:08 Woman questioned by detectives after man dies in Leeds house fire
- 10:08 United Airlines to give passengers $10,000 if they have to be...
- 10:08 Palestinian Authority halts its payments for Israeli electricity...
- 10:08 Kate Garraway left red-faced after branding Susanna Reid a DOG in...
- 10:07 Hoppers appoint Arnold as head coach
- 10:07 How do you pronounce chorizo? Masterchef viewers left angered over...
- 10:07 Browne: We’re no beach boys
- 10:07 PNE kids given chance to shine
- 10:07 Egypt 'let down' by continued UK flight ban to Sharm
- 10:07 Tamworth sisters leap into fund-raising with charity skydive for...
- 10:07 How much money does the UK pay to the EU?
- 10:06 Boris Johnson blasts 'mutton-headed old mugwump' Jeremy Corbyn
- 10:06 Boris Johnson attacks Jeremy Corbyn and calls him a 'mugwump'
- 10:06 Doncaster airport boss "caught out on Facebook" cleared of bigamy
- 10:06 Nottingham Viva! Vegan Festival is set to attract 3,000 visitors
- 10:04 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 10:04 Coventry RFC's Max Trimble seeks to topple Tom Howe from pole position
- 10:04 Fidget spinners and fidget cubes: what are they and where can you...
- 10:04 Aston Villa contract news: What next for the club's youngsters
- 10:04 Sky Sports explain decision not to broadcast Aston Villa v...
- 10:04 Boris Johnson attacks Jeremy Corbyn and calls him a 'mugwump'
- 10:02 Recorded crime rose 9% last year in England and Wales
- 10:01 Newcastle owner Mike Ashley found out about tax raids on TV,...