Cervical cancer: gap between screenings ‘can be increased to 10 years’
The length of time between cervical screenings can safely be extended to a decade for some women, research suggests.
The findings from researchers in the Netherlands show that for women over the age of 40 who test negative for the human papillomavirus (HPV), the gap between screening rounds could be increased to 10 years.
Almost 900 women in the UK died from cervical cancer in 2014, with the disease the most common cancer among women aged between 15 and 34. Among the risk factors for the disease is infection with certain types of HPV.
Women in the UK are currently invited for their first... read more
- 12:46 Wembley Stadium set to be sold by FA in astonishing £800m deal as...
- 12:45 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:45 BREAKING: Ulverston Beehive hub approved
- 12:44 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:44 Tristan Thompson grateful ‘there’s someone else people can be angry...
- 12:44 Jodie Marsh’s ex James Placido remarries months after bitter divorce
- 12:43 Deutsche Bank plans 'significant' job cuts
- 12:43 'You can’t just keep saying sorry': readers on Amber Rudd and Windrush
- 12:42 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:42 Man jailed in connection with Underley Hall abuse
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs
- 12:37 Thames Valley Police Constable who feigned injury quits
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:37 Two taken to hospital after car flipped over near Old Red Lion in...
- 12:37 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:37 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:36 Observatory marks milestone with the launch of a new facility
- 12:35 Police want to trace this man in connection with meat thefts
- 12:35 How will the Spireites’ relegation from the Football affect...
- 12:35 Coronation Street spoilers: Alison King and Kym Marsh film mystery...
- 12:34 Dogs are taking over the anti-Brexit campaign with Wooferendum posters
- 12:33 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity
- 12:33 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales