Centuries-old Spanish tapestry factory saved from bankruptcy
A centuries-old tapestry factory in Spain has come back from the brink of bankruptcy after an injection of public money, a debt restructuring plan and its biggest order in 200 years - a German commission for dozens of tapestries.
The turnaround of the 296-year-old Royal Tapestry Factory in Madrid is a rare bright spot for Spanish companies facing insolvency. Nearly 50,000 businesses have entered administration since the start of the country's economic downturn in 2008.
The market for hand-woven tapestries and rugs plummeted during Spain's financial crisis, with key clients like the... read more
- 15:53 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:52 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:52 Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal: reaction, tweets and quotes
- 15:52 Families told to evacuate flats as building 'could collapse'
- 15:52 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:51 Young Harborough artists invited to enter recycling art competition
- 15:51 Antonio Conte hints at FA Cup start for Emerson after impressing...
- 15:50 Tesco is selling cans of passion fruit martinis
- 15:51 Amber Rudd boasted of harsher immigration strategy, leak reveals
- 15:50 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn: Why Patrick Vieira should NOT...
- 15:50 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:48 Daniel Craig’s own Aston Martin to go under the hammer
- 15:48 Town poll to be held asking Whitby residents: 'Do you want to leave...
- 15:48 A64 in Yorkshire closed after 10ft concrete blocks fall onto the road
- 15:48 Sir Alex Ferguson insists he is 'proud to have been a rival,...
- 15:48 Banned dangerous driver hit car in Mansfield
- 15:48 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:47 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:47 Meet the schoolgirl filmmaker and her canine camera star
- 15:47 Coppull author to read Reu The Rainbow Gnu in support of Reuben's...
- 15:46 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:45 Thomasina Miers’ recipe for lentils with pancetta, goat’s curd and...
- 15:45 Cocktail of the week: Martello Hall's Little red door
- 15:45 Shop in town goes single-use plastic free
- 15:44 Arsene Wenger quits Arsenal: Who joins Thierry Henry in his best...
- 15:44 Arsenal expected XI: Arsene Wenger to go 4-3-3 against West Ham for...
- 15:44 PIERS MORGAN: I'm glad Wenger's going, but I'm also glad I can...
- 15:44 Chelsea expected XI: Who will make Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 for FA Cup...
- 15:44 US court sentences former Liberian warlord to 30 years
- 15:44 Last Damascus rebels bombarded as Assad presses advantage in Syria