Celtic Shareholder to build £30m hotel next to The Hydro in Glasgow
CELTIC ’S second biggest shareholder is planning to develop a £30 million hotel on the banks of the Clyde.
Glasgow based businessman Chris Trainer wants to open a Radisson Red hotel next to The Hydro venue.
The development, scheduled to open in early 2018, will be Europe’s first new-build Radisson Red and the first to be launched by the new Forrest Hotels business.
Trainer, who owns Forrest Media, said he would promote the hotel via the outdoor advertising firm’s network of giant digital screens.
He told The Herald: “We have a property development business that is long-established, and the... read more
- 18:19 Man who died after being found with serious injuries at Warrington...
- 18:19 Royal Ascot 2018 day one tipping guide: all roads lead to Romanised
- 18:19 Romelu Lukaku double ensures Belgium stroll to win against Panama
- 18:18 Bird Lovegod: Future is fintech and the North must embrace it
- 18:18 Blackfriar: The question marks over future of Yorkshire Bank brand
- 18:18 'I was a mini bastard': Sir Edward Leigh looks back on his 35 years...
- 18:18 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:18 Bus passengers stop packed coach from crashing on motorway after...
- 18:17 21-month jail sentence for man who lunged at stranger with knife...
- 18:17 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:16 Parkinson’s Café up and running in town
- 18:16 Charity call for more shop volunteers across region
- 18:16 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:15 Chelsea and England starlet heading to Coventry City - reports
- 18:15 Ex-Coventry City, Liverpool and Chelsea man takes up coaching role...
- 18:15 Bumper pay-day beckons as ex-Coventry City star nears Premier...
- 18:15 England should 'not come down too hard on Eddie Jones' after series...
- 18:15 A quick taste of Coventry City's travels in League One next season
- 18:15 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:14 West Brom 'in negotiations' over double sale - reports
- 18:14 Driver trapped for an hour following horror M6 crash
- 18:13 Time capsule buried under former police station found by builders
- 18:13 Ban on Barrow taxi drivers flying England flags overturned
- 18:13 Yarlside win Furness Academy Sport Award
- 18:13 Northumberland pupils set for boardroom challenge
- 18:12 Vintage train company steps in to reopen Lake District line
- 18:09 Cleanup carried out before Leamington Canal Festival’s revival
- 18:09 Pet owner to appeal to court to save his dog from being put down...
- 18:09 Problems as major work on Burton Bridge causes traffic delays...
- 18:09 Some good news: Major Tatenhill road has reopened - A WEEK EARLY