Celtic proved they belong in Champions League against Noel's City and there's no Definitely Maybe about it - Michael Gannon
CELTIC had Rod Stewart in the stands while Manchester City brought Noel Gallagher. No wonder Parkhead was absolutely rocking.
The pair have played to millions although both of them won’t forget last night in a hurry because this was one of the great European nights.
Celtic Park has seen more than a few, such as the 2-0 win against Zurich – 50 years ago to the day – that started the historic run to Lisbon.
But half a century on and this was up there with the very best as both sides decided to Roll With It.
Never mind an Oasis of calm, this was an Oasis of mayhem as the Hoops announced their... read more
- 09:24 Expiry date for cash earmarked for new Castle Way crossing in Carlisle
- 09:24 Police visit nail bars, car washes and takeaways in anti-slavery week
- 09:24 Unsafe railway bridge needs to be demolished, says Network Rail
- 09:24 The Bay Gateway: Exclusive preview of the new road
- 09:24 Attack victim Ben is out of coma and talking to family
- 09:23 Wales Rally GB in Chester: Everything you need to know
- 09:23 Smail Ayad charged in Australia with second British backpacker murder
- 09:23 Chris Tarrant: Since I had a stroke I've been taking a lot more...
- 09:22 Historic Warwick sites recognised as being ‘at risk’
- 09:21 Junior Football: Free-scoring Gartcairn keep Junior Cup dream alive
- 09:20 Nissan announcement is ‘fantastic’, say suppliers
- 09:20 Mental health services must improve at 127 NHS groups, figures show
- 09:19 Care home near Market Drayton is told to improve standards
- 09:18 Liverpool had to steal Trent Alexander-Arnold away from...
- 09:18 Guards hurt in robbery at bank
- 09:17 National Sperm Bank in Birmingham forced to stop recruiting new donors
- 09:16 Local history: Buried alive? Past Calderdale funeral customs
- 09:15 Imitation gun pointed at woman
- 09:14 Tamim Iqbal and Mominul Haque leave Bangladesh in control at lunch
- 09:14 AUDIO: Heartbreaking 999 call from terrified elderly woman...
- 09:14 IAG cuts 2016 forecast on sterling weakness
- 09:14 Flight of financial activity from UK likely in 'hard Brexit' -...
- 09:14 Daryl Powell commits future to Castleford
- 09:14 British Cycling asked to explain TUEs at select committee hearing
- 09:14 Chelsea ace receives surprise praise from Premier League captain:...
- 09:14 Premier League referees: Which official does your side win the most...
- 09:13 Lots of laughs as Laura Lexx plays city comedy festival
- 09:12 Park protected by charitable status
- 09:12 Suspect casually stops at drive thru during high-speed police chase
- 09:11 Andrew proves there is life after redundancy and is nominated for...