Celtic ace Moussa Dembele can be the next Didier Drogba, claims Brendan Rodgers
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers claims French hotshot Moussa Dembele has what it takes to be the next Didier Drogba.
The 20-year-old caught the eye with a superb display for the Bhoys against Manchester City in the Champions League in midweek, netting twice in a thrilling 3-3 draw.
His second goal, a deft hooked finish to give the hosts a 3-2 lead just after half time, was a moment of dazzling quality and composure.
Dembele has made a flying start to his career north of the border after his summer move from Fulham with 12 goals in his first 16 games.
And his boss Rodgers, who spent four years... read more
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition
- 17:12 Scots GPs warn rising workloads may affect patient care
- 17:11 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion on Walney
- 17:11 Exclusive - Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense:...
- 17:10 Sky receives takeover approach from 21st Century Fox
- 17:10 Residents urged to secure properties following thefts
- 17:10 One of Cumbria's worst-hit communities reunites after the floods
- 17:09 David Seaman picks a stunning dream Arsenal five-a-side team: Who...
- 17:09 Tens of thousands of homes without water due to burst main
- 17:09 Boston United appoint Adam Murray as new manager
- 17:08 11 good deeds that have happened in Nottingham this week
- 17:08 Christopher Biggins on the Theatre Royal and why Nottingham panto...
- 17:07 'Altercation' reported at Uttoxeter's Christmas Cracker
- 17:07 East Midlands funk, soul and reggae band By the Rivers to play...
- 17:07 Christmas and New Year supermarket opening times in Burton and...
- 17:05 Alabama inmate heaves and coughs during lethal injection