'Caterpillar tax': DR Congo ethnic clash sees 16 killed
At least 16 people have been killed in a row over a disputed charge on the sale of caterpillars in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The larvae were being sold for food in south-eastern Katanga province.
Days of violence began when a group of Batwa, also known as pygmies, accused the Luba ethnic group of imposing an illegal levy on the sale of caterpillars and beating up vendors.
The two groups have clashed several times in the last few years.
The Batwa killed several members of the Luba ethnic group near the region of Kabalo in Katanga. The Luba then launched a revenge attack, killing at... read more
- 15:32 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 15:32 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:30 Justice League movie TRAILER: Full explosive promo arrives in full...
- 15:30 Seamus Coleman injury: Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaks out on...
- 15:29 How to look after your mental health when you’re always on...
- 15:29 Brazil teacher changes hairstyle to support bullied girl
- 15:29 Air ambulance called after two car crash near Holmfirth
- 15:26 How Hull could soon blanket ban pavement parking
- 15:26 Hull FC player ratings and stats after win at Wigan Warriors
- 15:25 Arsene Wenger gives contract update and reveals future plans
- 15:25 EU leaders meet in Rome but growing Euroscepticism in Italy...
- 15:24 Police pounce on homes and a barge during drugs raids
- 15:22 CHOKING HAZARD: Products for teething babies recalled due to safety...
- 15:22 Don’t forget- the clocks go forward tomorrow
- 15:21 Life on the Farm column with Frances Graham
- 15:21 'I Am Still Me' - Moving photography exhibition shows people with...
- 15:20 Port Vale v MK Dons LIVE: Three changes for Vale
- 15:19 Woman injured in two-car crash in Leeds
- 15:19 Hundreds detained as Belarus struggles to quell protests
- 15:19 Two suspects under formal investigation over Paris airport attack
- 15:18 County Londonderry: Prisoner dies in custody at Magilligan Prison
- 15:18 Increase in number of people claiming out-of-work benefits
- 15:17 Thousands of Brexit protesters pay silent tribute to Westminster...
- 15:17 McDonnell urges spirit of solidarity in Labour Party
- 15:17 Corbyn urges Tories: Stop dithering and start investing
- 15:16 Exclusive - UK regulator warns on EDF oversight of Hinkley Point...
- 15:16 Rangers fans give Fernando Ricksen a huge ovation before his...
- 15:15 Overwatch UPDATE: New Blizzard changes will completely transform...
- 15:15 Coach tells of fatal collapse of 17-year-old boxer and Forest fan...
- 15:15 CHOKING HAZARD: Products for teething babies recalled due to safety...