Cash-strapped NHS appoints new interim CEO
Health chiefs in St Helens have appointed a new interim clinical chief executive to head up the cash-strapped organisation.
Professor Sarah O’Brien has been named as the successor to Professor Steve Cox, who stepped down as the St Helens Clinical Commissioning Group’s top officer.
The CCG sparked controversy earlier this year when it announced a proposal to axe non-urgent referrals of patients to local hospitals.
Health bosses performed a u-turn after received a spate of criticism from politicians and doctors leaders.
Prof O’Brien currently holds the position of Chief Nurse at the CCG.
She... read more
- 17:26 BREAKING NEWS: Person hit by train at Doncaster railway station
- 17:26 Champions League final: Jurgen Klopp on Mohamed Salah, Cristiano...
- 17:26 Motorists face severe delays in Leeds city centre as police deal...
- 17:26 Enjoy the high life and live like a Rockstar in Lincolnshire's...
- 17:25 Dismembered body of dog found near Lancashire railway line
- 17:24 Ban for Millom woman who denied being three-and-a-half times over...
- 17:24 Rugby firm helps turn 2CV into world's smallest food truck
- 17:24 VIDEO AND PICTURES: Devastation left behind by travellers at...
- 17:24 Troubled shades, tangled triangles and shattering grief
- 17:23 New life breathed into prominent Chesterfield building
- 17:23 Tiny ‘rabbit hutch’ house in Cambridge sells for £280,000
- 17:21 Man, 95, held on suspicion of murder
- 17:20 VIDEO AND PICTURES: Devastation left behind by travellers at...
- 17:19 Solo: A Star Wars Story: is Alden Ehrenreich fit to fill the...
- 17:18 Battle to bring 'brilliant' radiotherapy services to south Cumbria
- 17:17 Incident at Leeds Armley Gyratory reportedly clear but motorists...
- 17:17 Sheffield Council CCTV camera locations revealed
- 17:16 CALDERDALE COUNCIL: New town centre hotel plan
- 17:16 Five French Open matches we’re desperate to see including Sharapova...
- 17:14 Man shot through taxi window by armed police
- 17:13 Bid to make Millom dementia-friendly as part of action week
- 17:13 'Flawed' UK Nursing regulator set to be hauled before parliamentary...
- 17:13 Carlisle hospital parking firm suspended by DVLA
- 17:13 New players wanted at Warwick Girls U9s
- 17:12 Sheep gets stuck on Norfolk river bridge...again
- 17:12 Bidding farewell to Spotty House and Knaresborough
- 17:11 Sunderland University's £5million-plus boost for North East...
- 17:11 Brazil short on basic goods as fuel strike grinds on
- 17:10 IN PICTURES: Celebrating Harry and Meghan’s special day
- 17:10 Does the Growth Commission boost the case for Scottish independence?