Cash raised by grieving family helps ease the suffering for thousands with heart conditions
CASH raised by the grieving family and friends of Scunthorpe roofing contractor Mark Glenworth has been used to help ease the suffering for thousands of patients in the UK with heart conditions.
Father of three Mr Glenworth died from a heart attack aged 43 years at his home on New Year's Eve.
Collections at his funeral and at a challenge football match were donated to the Preston-based charity Pumping Marvellous by his widow Michelle.
The cash raised has helped to produce the Big Marvellous Guide to Heart Failure.
MORE: Burglar ransacked bungalows while owners were away on holiday
The guide... read more
- 09:38 Tate & Lyle profit jumps on weak sterling
- 09:38 Fighting corruption, Ukraine starts to judge its judges
- 09:38 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Theresa May accused police of ‘scaremongering’ over spending cuts
- 09:37 Pigeon gets tiny backpack to smuggle drugs
- 09:37 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Neighbour from hell repeatedly played Stayin’ Alive and Sweet Dreams
- 09:37 'I will honour those lost by living each day full of joy' Ariana...
- 09:37 Council investment campaign puts PR firm on awards list
- 09:35 Extra trains from West Yorkshire to London for Huddersfield Town fans
- 09:35 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:35 Manchester terror attack: Further arrests made this morning
- 09:34 Rio Ferdinand believes Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick could stay...
- 09:33 Minute's silence at Chesterfield Town Hall to remember Manchester...
- 09:33 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:33 Petition launched to improve security at Sunderland children’s...
- 09:33 Burglar gets suspended prison sentence after breaking into ex’s home
- 09:33 Bradley Lowery's family reveal youngster's cancer is spreading 'at...
- 09:32 Hong Kong stocks at fresh 22-month high despite Moody's downgrade
- 09:32 Young Walter Scott prize for budding novelists
- 09:32 Eyemouth’s popular Kirk Square Kitchen returns
- 09:32 Traquair House hosts magical medieval fayre
- 09:31 Leeds school staff express ‘deep sadness’ after ex-colleague dies...
- 09:31 Approval expected for homes at former Sheffield hotel
- 09:30 Communities 'need to work together' after Manchester bomb attack
- 09:30 Messages of support sent to victims
- 09:30 Barcelona readying move for Man United star: Incoming boss has...
- 09:30 Real Madrid star agrees mega £6.5m-per-season after tax deal to...
- 09:29 Agri-tech investment in Scotland poised to pay off
- 09:29 Dad's 'scariest 24 hours of his life' after injured daughter...