Cash needed to stop NHS workers being paid below minimum
NHS workers will be paid less than the minimum wage in five years unless the government injects hundreds of millions of pounds into the health service, unions have warned.
In their annual submission to the NHS pay review body published today, the 13 health unions say the government will breach its own minimum wage laws if it does not put £280 million into the service.
GMB, Unison and Unite argue that the pay crisis has come about because for years NHS staff pay has failed to keep up with inflation.
They say the lowest paid staff including hospital porters, cleaners and healthcare assistants... read more
- 15:53 ‘What they are doing to him is disgusting’: Former mayor backs the...
- 15:53 Students say ‘wilkommen’ to German penpals
- 15:53 Godiva Festival: More names added to 2017 festival line-up
- 15:52 Police say fired single shot in Berlin hospital, injuring one
- 15:51 Century of bridge repairs completed in £6.7m scheme
- 15:51 Persimmon shareholder votes against 'excessive' pay plan as...
- 15:51 Police swarm on Berlin hospital after shooting
- 15:50 Two Americans killed in IS Afghan raid
- 15:50 Tanker fire closes one lane of M42 at Measham
- 15:50 Mansfield man faces child porn charges
- 15:50 Where to buy fidget spinners and why everyone is going crazy for them
- 15:49 Woman who drank bottle of wine before driving wrong way around...
- 15:49 Nottinghamshire Police chaplain passes away
- 15:49 Brendan Rodgers makes big revelation ahead of Celtic v Rangers
- 15:49 Teen's hand cut with broken whisky bottle in robbery attempt
- 15:48 Scots TV election leaders debate confirmed
- 15:47 How Chelsea could line up with Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku
- 15:46 Yorkshire weather: Sunny spells and warmer weather for your Bank...
- 15:46 Beoplay P2: B&O's portable pebble speaker
- 15:46 Seal makes its way to doorstep hoping to shelter from a storm...
- 15:46 Man with cerebral palsy set to complete London marathon
- 15:46 Investigation into Sheffield worker's cancer death who helped build...
- 15:46 Woman who drank bottle of wine before driving wrong way around...
- 15:45 Investigation into Sheffield worker's cancer death who helped build...
- 15:45 Woman who drank bottle of wine before driving wrong way around...
- 15:45 Man City striker Sergio Aguero opens up about being axed and what...
- 15:44 Kevin Maggs Moseley farewell overshadows National One main event
- 15:44 Strike up the band for the finale of popular concerts
- 15:44 Second round of works to busy roundabout
- 15:44 MP calls for urgent action on the borough's potholes