Cash booster for mental health anti-discrimination campaign
A campaign to tackle the stigma around mental health has been given a £20 million boost.
The Time To Change initiative, run by charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, works with schools, employers and local communities to reduce discrimination against people with mental health problems and raise awareness of conditions.
The campaign has been supported by £30 million so far but now the Department of Health, Comic Relief and Big Lottery Fund have pledged a further £20 million.
The charities say that as a result of the campaign, the proportion of people reportin g discrimination as a result... read more
- 00:26 Manchester United lead Barcelona and Real Madrid at the top of...
- 00:26 Leicester striker Leonardo Ulloa wanted by Alaves but Spanish club...
- 00:26 Cheshire Police identify three possible suspects and 83 victims in...
- 00:20 Threat in UK greater than six years ago, says terror law watchdog...
- 00:17 PM refuses to rule out blocking Scots MPs voting on Brexit law
- 00:17 Cobra fang club: The rising popularity of Kenyan snake farms
- 00:16 Remarkable dog awarded animal OBE for being owner’s ‘lifeline’
- 00:16 Wetherspoons diner found ‘worm’ inside her half-eaten chicken wings
- 00:16 What does the future hold for people growing old with HIV?
- 00:16 Cambuslang man rubs shoulders with golfing greats at first European...
- 00:15 Reina attack highlights widening chasm in Turkish lifestyles
- 00:13 Kuenssberg scorned for Corbyn misquote
- 00:13 Netflix adds record breaking 7 million new subscribers as profits...
- 00:13 Iraq: ‘Victory’ over Isis in eastern Mosul
- 00:13 China reveals 'Sharp Sword' stealth drone that can carry two TONNES...
- 00:13 Syria: Government troops battle to cling on to cut-off Deir Ezzor
- 00:13 iPhone 8 will recognize its owner's face: Handset will have special...
- 00:13 Israel: ‘Cold-blooded’ killing at homes’ demolition protest
- 00:13 Rail nincompoops handed tram keys
- 00:13 NHS cuts scheme takes another hit
- 00:13 Puerto Ricans celebrate for Oscar Lopez
- 00:13 ‘Spotters’ in new role at Leeds United, Huddersfield Town and...
- 00:13 Npower bottom of energy customer satisfaction survey
- 00:13 Top 10 most complained-about ads of 2016
- 00:13 Blue Peter goes green as badges made from recycled yogurt pots
- 00:12 The vegan trying to make the perfect burger
- 00:10 Stars shun Donald Trump’s invitation to perform at his 'elegant'...
- 00:10 Life and death on Thailand's lethal roads
- 00:10 Hong Kong: Twenty years later
- 00:09 How Sam Sunderland won the world's toughest race... Britain's first...