Cash booster for mental health anti-discrimination campaign
The Time To Change initiative, run by charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, works with schools, employers and local communities to reduce discrimination against people with mental health problems and raise awareness of conditions.
The campaign has been supported by £30 million so far but now the Department of Health, Comic Relief and Big Lottery Fund have pledged a further £20 million.
The charities say that as a result of the campaign, the proportion of people reportin g discrimination as a result of mental health issues has dropped from 42% to 28%.
More than 800 schools have... read more
- 17:11 Ahoy musical raises money for cancer charity
- 17:10 Roland Rudd's driver questioned in insider dealing inquiry
- 17:10 Cook and Endeavour murals now restored
- 17:10 Fire at former care home in Beverley - live updates
- 17:10 Couple assist Second World War veterans during Normandy visit
- 17:09 Harrogate leads UK with new cancer treatment school
- 17:09 Bradford police investigating after man in van 'pulled up and asked...
- 17:09 Big stars, little interest: when movie heavyweights fizzle on TV
- 17:09 Almost 60 firefighters battling huge blaze below block of London flats
- 17:09 ‘Gaming disorder’ is not real and addiction claims are based on...
- 17:09 Sex shop raiders stole money and punched member of staff
- 17:09 Robbers also targeted store and bingo hall in crimewave
- 17:08 Barrow needs to be safer for cyclists, top cop says
- 17:08 Health bosses pushing ahead with hospital service reforms
- 17:08 Ulverston and Broughton make the list of 10 best market towns in...
- 17:08 Yulin dog meat festival in pictures: Shocking pictures show...
- 17:07 Sex shop raiders stole money and punched member of staff
- 17:07 Robbers also targeted store and bingo hall in crimewave
- 17:07 Screen time harm to children is unproven, say experts
- 17:06 Durham Miners’ Gala 2018: Everything you need to know about this...
- 17:06 Health bosses pushing ahead with hospital service reforms
- 17:05 Ancient fermentation process - something to tickle everyone's taste...
- 17:05 Callebaut 'chocolate legend' passes away
- 17:05 They’re all gold - and silver and bronze!
- 17:04 Clean Air Day: How can we protect ourselves from pollution when...
- 17:03 Durham Miners’ Gala 2018: Everything you need to know about this...
- 17:03 Harrogate leads UK with new cancer treatment school
- 17:02 Durham Miners’ Gala 2018: Everything you need to know about this...
- 17:01 Martin Sorrell criticises WPP over its handling of his forced...
- 17:01 Netflix paid no UK corporate tax last year – and got a €200k rebate