Cash and cigarettes stolen after newly-opened store raided twice in 24 hours
A new Co-op store which has been open for less than a month has been hit by two raids in less than 24 hours.
Cigarettes were stolen from the store, on Maws Lane, in Kimberley, sometime between 10pm on Saturday and 6am on Sunday, while men wearing balaclavas used a metal bar to force open the til shortly after 9.30pm on Sunday.
Police are linking the second crime with a similar offence committed at a convenience store in Old Basford just minutes later.
A spokesman for the force said: "Three men wearing balaclavas entered the Co-op store in Maws Lane, Kimberley, at 9.31pm yesterday.
Read... read more
- 21:09 UKIP pledges to defend our country and way of life at manifesto launch
- 21:08 UK needs to build more homes, loosen planning controls - Reuters poll
- 21:08 Iran sees breakthrough in oil deals following Rouhani re-election
- 21:06 Wall Street gains on upbeat retail results
- 21:02 Thermometer 'vanished from Michael Barrymore's home' and 'may have...
- 21:02 Kellimarie Willis star of CBBC's Got What it Takes? to perform at...
- 21:01 Armed Police put Queen Elizabeth Hospital on 'lockdown' - updates
- 21:00 Two North Wales men charged with murder after man is stabbed
- 20:59 Brazil's Temer ends deployment of troops in capital in face of...
- 20:59 Striker tells Antonio Conte: I want to play for Chelsea next season
- 20:59 Ander Herrera to Barcelona: Manchester United star makes transfer...
- 20:58 Ariana Grande “offers to pay for victims’ funerals” after...
- 20:56 Ex-TV weatherman Fred Talbot guilty of abusing schoolboys under his...
- 20:55 Macron to win absolute parliament majority next month, poll shows
- 20:55 EastEnders spoiler: Fans thrilled as THIS major character returns...
- 20:52 Manchester United working on Andrea Belotti transfer from Torino
- 20:49 U.S. stocks scale new peaks on retailer results; oil falls
- 20:49 Manchester United star Paul Pogba makes Instagram overtures to...
- 20:47 Five stories you must read before bed
- 20:44 Hull City to conduct 'considered recruitment' after Marco Silva...
- 20:43 Arsenal legend lifts the lid on Arsene Wenger's summer transfer...
- 20:41 Venezuela military defends protests role, backs Maduro congress
- 20:41 Teenager joins Muslim leaders in condemning Manchester bombing
- 20:40 How your Derby home could become a movie set - AND make you money
- 20:38 Scottish Police Authority chairman loses confidence of MSPs
- 20:38 Holidays to the Moon? Hypersonic spaceplane on schedule for...
- 20:38 ‘Remain vigilant’ Ireland holds terror meeting as police issue...
- 20:35 Police 'growing increasing concerned' for missing teens
- 20:35 Boy, 12, collapsed and died while playing football with his friends
- 20:34 Man shot at by 'pushbike gunman' in Liverpool street