Carlisle infirmary so busy patients are being sent to Whitehaven
Carlisle's infirmary is so full that some patients - including children and pregnant women - are being sent to Whitehaven, it has been claimed.
And residents in the city are being warned their hospital will be put under even more pressure if controversial plans to cut services - including maternity and paediatrics - in west Cumbria go ahead.
Campaigners are urging the Carlisle public to turn out to a public meeting in the city today to take health chiefs to task.
The Success Regime is just the latest blunt instrument for beating exhausted NHS workers about the head The We Need West... read more
- 10:54 Police chief’s vow after crime stats rise
- 10:54 Relationship breakdown can hit your health
- 10:54 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 Benefits cheat stole £50,000 in tax credits while working for HMRC
- 10:53 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 How you can help save a chicken from slaughter
- 10:53 Health chiefs warn asthma sufferers over recall of inhalers
- 10:53 Award-winning Leicestershire property consultancy makes two key...
- 10:53 Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea's General Kim Yong-chol to attend
- 10:52 British Gas owner Centrica to slash 4,000 jobs 'mostly in the UK'...
- 10:51 Update for Harrogate Town fans on progress of club's major...
- 10:50 REV RON GREENALL: Tall stories from Lancashire but always true
- 10:50 Queen of the South keeper crisis after goalie hurt by cow
- 10:49 EU rules out UK's preferred approach to future trade deal
- 10:48 Shooting survivors verified by Twitter to support their fight for...
- 10:48 Which universities are striking, what dates are the strikes and why...
- 10:48 Doncaster Voices: How important is town’s racecourse to economy?
- 10:48 'KFC closure not an emergency' police say, as chicken shortage...
- 10:48 Sheffield rocker returns to TV's Take Me Out in bid to land...
- 10:47 Sheffield rocker returns to TV's Take Me Out in bid to land...
- 10:47 Bluebird boat to return to water for first time since fatal...
- 10:47 Windmill restoration project wins share of £1.2m funding
- 10:46 Phil Smith looks at Sunderland, Ellis Short, Chris Coleman and a...
- 10:46 Boris Johnson urged to scrap plans for a bridge to France and spend...
- 10:46 Gadget: 5 of the best kitchen appliances
- 10:46 Sheffield Maplin staff watch and wait for sale
- 10:46 Arla plans to invest in Leeds
- 10:45 Game of Thrones season 8 leak: Show risks HUGE spoilers with major...
- 10:45 Totti: Mohamed Salah is world-class and can get even better
- 10:45 Design for Life: Natural settings belong to us all