Carlisle infirmary so busy patients are being sent to Whitehaven
Carlisle's infirmary is so full that some patients - including children and pregnant women - are being sent to Whitehaven, it has been claimed.
And residents in the city are being warned their hospital will be put under even more pressure if controversial plans to cut services - including maternity and paediatrics - in west Cumbria go ahead.
Campaigners are urging the Carlisle public to turn out to a public meeting in the city today to take health chiefs to task.
The Success Regime is just the latest blunt instrument for beating exhausted NHS workers about the head The We Need West... read more
- 11:40 Leeds man hurt after lorry and motorcycle collide on A61 Harewood
- 11:40 Gallery: Students wow audiences during latest production
- 11:40 Meet the Barnes ward candidates who want your vote in the...
- 11:39 Absolute tool jailed for 12 months for driving through crossing...
- 11:38 Loweswater pub to hold 10th beer festival
- 11:38 Real life Slumdog Millionaire explains how he went from having £600...
- 11:38 Campaigners blast move to shut Leicestershire children's centres
- 11:38 Ashington care home to open its doors for national event
- 11:38 Blackpool firm’s £6.75m scheme
- 11:37 Stash of heroin, crack cocaine and cash seized by police in Nuneaton
- 11:37 Windows damaged at Buxton hairdresser’s
- 11:36 Defensive dilemma and striker solution: How Birmingham City must...
- 11:36 'It hits players hard' Birmingham City coach reveals the dark side...
- 11:36 John Michie's daughter 'first to die from party drug 2CP', court told
- 11:35 Northants County Council’s £2.5m redundancy payouts in past year
- 11:35 Daventry District residents reminded to sign-up for garden waste...
- 11:35 ELDC calls on Lloyds Bank to reconsider its decision to withdraw...
- 11:33 Disney World now serves the millennial pink cocktail of your dreams
- 11:33 Quarterly survey’s good start
- 11:32 Leeds man hurt after lorry and motorcycle collide on A61 Harewood
- 11:32 Weather: Leeds set to bask in weekend sunshine as heatwave continues
- 11:32 Arsenal make informal contact with Luis Enrique to succeed...
- 11:31 Distressed mum calls for action to improve lane
- 11:30 Sunderland student blogger tests social media with trick Instagram...
- 11:30 Northants County Council’s £2.5m redundancy payouts in past year
- 11:29 Watch: Driver inches from hitting woman and child as he flees...
- 11:29 Leeds man hurt after lorry and motorcycle collide on A61 Harewood
- 11:29 Ulverston musician Jess Gillam to play at Last Night of The Proms
- 11:28 Quarterly survey’s good start
- 11:28 Very colourful way to learn