Carlisle infirmary so busy patients are being sent to Whitehaven
CARLISLE'S infirmary is so full that some patients - including children and pregnant women - are being sent to Whitehaven, it has been claimed.
And residents in the city are being warned their hospital will be put under even more pressure if controversial plans to cut services - including maternity and paediatrics - in west Cumbria go ahead.
Campaigners are urging the Carlisle public to turn out to a public meeting in the city today to take health chiefs to task.
The We Need West Cumberland Hospital protest group said it was contacted twice over the weekend with stories of those affected by... read more
- 08:55 Toshiba forecasts loss due to tax hit on chip sale
- 08:54 Gossip: New contract for Wilshere?
- 08:53 Gemma Collins compares herself to Bridget Jones after spectacularly...
- 08:53 Starstruck Gemma Collins meets Stormzy and she can’t quite believe it
- 08:53 Steps to play Open Air Theatre in 2018
- 08:53 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:53 Liverpool News: Klopp speaks out, Ancelotti appointment claim,...
- 08:53 Pakistan vs Sri Lanka LIVE stream: How to watch fifth ODI cricket...
- 08:52 What’s being planned where you live in Ashfield?
- 08:52 What’s being planned in Mansfield?
- 08:50 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Klopp blasts players, Lovren hits...
- 08:50 Jamie Redknapp's Team of the Week: Huddersfield and Spurs dominate...
- 08:49 Glossier launches its first ever fragrance
- 08:46 Why you shouldn't ask your GP for antibiotics
- 08:46 Chelsea star Pedro sends message to his team-mates
- 08:45 Lincolnshire vets warn pet owners of fireworks trauma
- 08:44 Crackdown on speeding in Notts
- 08:44 What’s being planned where you live in Ashfield?
- 08:43 Indian ecostay described as a 'pocket of heaven' plans to open...
- 08:43 Walsh, Gill and Cole announced as Doctor Who companions
- 08:42 Liverpool repeating mistakes, heads would have rolled at Man Utd -...
- 08:42 Long delays on A180 after two accidents near Stallingborough...
- 08:40 Man found dead after fall from Aberdeen-based drilling ship in...
- 08:39 Why you shouldn't ask your GP for antibiotics
- 08:39 How to check if you need to pay the new T-Charge
- 08:38 Carlisle man left with horrific injuries after alleged altercation...
- 08:38 Former UFC fighter Norman Parke punched by cornerman after KSW...
- 08:38 Simon Cowell in Cheryl's bad books after cheeky jibe over her...
- 08:38 World War 3: Japan has 'NO TIME for dialogue' as threat of war with...
- 08:38 M6 southbound closed after 'serious collision'