Caring prof receives a spcial award
A University of Central Lancashire academic has been given a special award for her contribution to improving the lives of stroke survivors through better stroke care and research.
Professor Caroline Watkins was presented with a Special Recognition Life After Stroke Award.
was presented with her award by Elaine Roberts, the Stroke Association’s Director of North of England Life After Stroke Services, at a special event in Salford.
A Professor of Stroke and Older People’s Care, Caroline is the only nursing professor of her kind in the UK.
She leads one of the largest stroke care research... read more
- 18:21 Blow for EU as Czech’s REJECT eurozone entry: ‘Just 30% want it’
- 18:21 Tech Tent: Uber at a crossroads
- 18:20 Coroner appeal after man with Newcastle links found dead on Teesside
- 18:20 Bradley Lowery 'so happy' after classmates record charity tribute
- 18:19 Grenfell Tower fire: Simon Cowell charity single knocks Justin...
- 18:19 Tim Sherwood takes aim at Aston Villa's infamous transfer committee
- 18:19 Former Birmingham City captain returns to Blues in coaching role
- 18:19 Josh Harrop reveals why he left Manchester United
- 18:17 Dunstable punter's £1m Ascot bet falls on final furlong
- 18:17 Police find gun after scrambler yobs shoot at home
- 18:16 Teenage girl in critical condition after being hit by car in Leeds...
- 18:16 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 18:16 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:16 Nine nostalgic images of Chester's former hospitals
- 18:15 Wall St Week Ahead-Oil's drop could leave a stain on earnings
- 18:14 Woman treated for minor injuries after collision with car
- 18:14 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool signing is nothing like what he was at...
- 18:13 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:13 Pointless host Alexander Armstrong left flustered as contestant...
- 18:13 Leicester-inspired cocktail menu - including Frog Island Iced Tea -...
- 18:11 Lizzie tumbles her way to gold in Birmingham
- 18:11 We’re not a chick collection agency
- 18:11 Conservatives are challenged to invest in county fire service
- 18:11 Killer Doncaster driver ran over woman, 91, weeks after medics told...
- 18:10 Birmingham International Marathon: 16 week training plan for beginners
- 18:10 Birmingham International Marathon: 16 week training plan for improvers
- 18:10 Solihull tennis ace Dan Evans admits to taking cocaine
- 18:10 Now owner for Lancaster student blocks
- 18:10 Poignant book is a tribute to ‘sweet Caroline’
- 18:08 PHOTO GALLERY Kineton Music Festival hits high notes!