Care homes pass the test
Two borough care facilities are the latest to be given the seal of approval from a watchdog.
Ash Tree House in Hindley and Dennis Moore Care which runs Brideoake Care Home in Leigh both received good ratings in the most recent reports from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Both facilities were judged to be at a good level in all five key areas assessed by the inspectors.
Ash Tree House looks after up to 60 people, providing residential care and specialist help for people with dementia, while Brideoake is dedicated solely to the latter.
The CQC’s reports say both venues provide safe,... read more
- 09:28 Charity night tickets selling
- 09:28 Responding to concerns
- 09:28 Derby County defender should have been sent off, says Sheffield...
- 09:26 Woman, 23, arrested as baby dies after fall from sixth-floor window
- 09:25 Fabian Delph makes a big prediction about Man City teammate Sergio...
- 09:21 5 houses in Hull which cost less than £55,000 and just need some TLC
- 09:21 Man trapped in serious crash which has closed the A165
- 09:20 Carlisle teenager named as one of world's best young poets
- 09:19 Poorly puppy owner tries to raise £3,000 for treatment
- 09:19 GALLERY; ‘Core’ blimey - apple event near Skegness attracts 850
- 09:18 PCSO whose heart stopped has emotional reunion with medics who...
- 09:18 North East news LIVE: Major delays on the Metro network due to...
- 09:18 Stephen Robinson: Grab your chance to beat Rangers and reach League...
- 09:16 Journey from pit to paint factory
- 09:16 Two lanes closed on M1 due to overturned van
- 09:16 27-year-old man is in intensive care after hit-and-run
- 09:11 Paul Robinson: Louth Cattle Market is part of a ‘complicated jigsaw’
- 09:11 Woman tracks down her missing cat after uploading its photo to Tinder
- 09:10 Away form is blighting Birmingham City - five things we learned...
- 09:08 No slide tackles and no shouting from sidelines - 12 new youth...
- 09:07 Italy referendums: Lombardy and Veneto vote on greater autonomy
- 09:06 Robin Hood’s Bay dance school backs Whitby charity WHISH nets £200
- 09:05 Crimewatch: The Coventry crimes that have featured over the last 33...
- 09:05 Tottenham vs Liverpool: No Firmino, Mane, Dier or Dembele in our...
- 09:05 Volvo Ocean Race: What is it? When is it? How do you win?
- 09:05 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Wenger on retiring, double injury boost,...
- 09:05 Ronald Koeman fears he will be SACKED today if Everton lose to Arsenal
- 09:04 Doncaster Citizen's advice bureau concerns over Universal Credit
- 09:04 REGIONAL NEWS: Woman arrested after baby falls to death from...
- 09:04 Picnic area issues reported to police