Care home nurse suspended for forcing a patient to take pills can return to work
Sian Roberts, former deputy manager at Edgeley House Care Centre, Whitchurch, was suspended following a Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) hearing which heard she treated the patient as if she was “trying to give a dog worming tablets”.
However Ms Roberts, who has always denied the allegations, has now been told that her 12-month suspension will be allowed to lapse.
The latest hearing heard a reference submitted by a recent employer of Ms Roberts.
It said: “Colleagues and clients alike enjoyed working with Sian as they found her warm, caring, funny and empathetic. Many of our clients would... read more
- 08:49 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:48 West Cumbria roads blocked due to crash
- 08:47 Recommending e-cigarettes to help smokers quit is irresponsible...
- 08:47 Things to do in Birmingham on May Bank Holiday weekend
- 08:47 Donald Trump thanks Kanye West after rapper expresses 'love' for...
- 08:47 West Brom transfer rumour: Italian interest in Nacer Chadli
- 08:46 TSB drafts in outside help to fix IT chaos
- 08:44 Police set to target illegal parking at Derbyshire beauty spot as...
- 08:44 Diego Simeone names the Arsenal star he fears most ahead of Europa...
- 08:43 Prince Alexander now favourite in William and Kate’s baby name odds
- 08:43 Labour drops candidate who doubts Manchester and Jo Cox tragedies...
- 08:43 WATCH: Deontay Wilder offers Anthony Joshua £35m for unification...
- 08:43 Real Madrid star makes BIZARRE claim about Barcelona fans favourite
- 08:42 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:42 ALERT: Anti-freeze being used to poison pets in this Sheffield suburb
- 08:42 VIDEO: Greggs opens TODAY at Sheffield's newest retail park - and...
- 08:40 Double call out after concerns for people on wrong side of railings...
- 08:40 Supply problems for Sunderland homes and traffic disruption after...
- 08:40 Banbury campaigners hit out at ‘secret’ health planning group
- 08:40 Sunderland counts £844,000
- 08:40 Northern Lights: Our future needs Chinese as well as British...
- 08:39 Sheffield-based animal rescue in crisis and could close
- 08:39 ALERT: Anti-freeze being used to poison pets in this Sheffield suburb
- 08:39 Durham coach looking forward to seeing Aiden Markram show his talents
- 08:39 Epic sounding Manchester band kicking off tour in Leeds
- 08:38 West Cumbria road blocked due to crash
- 08:38 Vic infection rates better than average
- 08:38 Zinedine Zidane sends warning to Real Madrid players after Bayern...
- 08:37 Kate Bush revisits Wuthering Heights to create new work of art in...
- 08:37 Mohamed Salah sends class message to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after...