Car vs Metro across Newcastle city centre - watch to find out who won our race
Car v Metro - it’s time to settle this once and for all.
With Newcastle in the middle of a £60m revamp seeing bus route changes and road works aplenty commuters are facing a daily battle to avoid congestion.
Last year Newcastle City Council announced a £10m plan to overhaul of the city’s roads; reducing access to city centre streets for drivers, increasing access for cyclists and pedestrians, and improving the traffic lights system - leading to major disruption for commuters.
So, just for fun, we decided to put the roads to the test against the Metro system.
The Chronicle’s intrepid... read more
- 09:39 First look inside new trampoline park about to open near Skegness
- 09:39 Famous gorilla Koko who could do sign language has died at the age...
- 09:38 Raith boss Barry Smith left frustrated as he misses out on signing...
- 09:38 Dundee United boss Csaba Laszlo hopes he won’t be so lonely thanks...
- 09:38 New Dunfermline signing Aidan Connolly so proud of pal Andy Robertson
- 09:38 Arsenal news: Former Premier League ace explains why signing Jack...
- 09:38 Nelson drink-driver banned for three years
- 09:38 West Ham Transfer News: Manuel Pellegrini makes big claim on latest...
- 09:38 Survey: World Cup-watching Millennials shun beer and the pub
- 09:37 Premier Inn pledges to minimise disruption
- 09:37 Food waste venture opens its doors to Berwick customers
- 09:37 Parents urged to walk children to school on quiet roads to avoid...
- 09:37 Shocking fire safety failures left tower block residents at...
- 09:35 Nasa could team up with Donald Trump’s Space Force to save Earth...
- 09:34 New Arsenal signing Bernd Leno reveals how Jens Lehmann shaped...
- 09:34 Frog and toad sightings decline as ponds go out of fashion in UK...
- 09:34 Parents urged to walk children to school on quiet roads to avoid...
- 09:33 Drunk-and-disorderly reveller was caught by police after claiming...
- 09:33 Driver on cocaine and cannabis leads police on high speed pursuit
- 09:33 PICTURE: Motorists' shock at seeing TANK on M1
- 09:31 Edinburgh Woollen Mill brand now in Ponteland
- 09:31 Sending kids round U-bend
- 09:31 Search continues for missing dad one year after his disappearance
- 09:30 The Birmingham choir that's not very vocal about its many triumphs!
- 09:30 Brexit will mean we are 'all less safe', says West Midlands police...
- 09:30 Worksop man charged with multiple offences
- 09:30 PICTURE: Motorists' shock at seeing TANK on M1
- 09:30 Scottish Government must update economic strategy, says report
- 09:30 Police officer sacked for putting domestic abuse victim in an armlock
- 09:29 Leeds city centre properties left without water following leak