Car vs Metro across Newcastle city centre - watch to find out who won our race
Car v Metro - it’s time to settle this once and for all.
With Newcastle in the middle of a £60m revamp seeing bus route changes and road works aplenty commuters are facing a daily battle to avoid congestion.
Last year Newcastle City Council announced a £10m plan to overhaul of the city’s roads; reducing access to city centre streets for drivers, increasing access for cyclists and pedestrians, and improving the traffic lights system - leading to major disruption for commuters.
So, just for fun, we decided to put the roads to the test against the Metro system.
The Chronicle’s intrepid... read more
- 10:55 Phillip Schofield SNAPS at former UKIP leader in heated spat: ‘Are...
- 10:54 Police chief’s vow after crime stats rise
- 10:54 Relationship breakdown can hit your health
- 10:54 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 Benefits cheat stole £50,000 in tax credits while working for HMRC
- 10:53 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 How you can help save a chicken from slaughter
- 10:53 Health chiefs warn asthma sufferers over recall of inhalers
- 10:53 Award-winning Leicestershire property consultancy makes two key...
- 10:53 Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea's General Kim Yong-chol to attend
- 10:52 British Gas owner Centrica to slash 4,000 jobs 'mostly in the UK'...
- 10:51 Update for Harrogate Town fans on progress of club's major...
- 10:50 REV RON GREENALL: Tall stories from Lancashire but always true
- 10:50 Queen of the South keeper crisis after goalie hurt by cow
- 10:49 EU rules out UK's preferred approach to future trade deal
- 10:48 Shooting survivors verified by Twitter to support their fight for...
- 10:48 Which universities are striking, what dates are the strikes and why...
- 10:48 Doncaster Voices: How important is town’s racecourse to economy?
- 10:48 'KFC closure not an emergency' police say, as chicken shortage...
- 10:48 Sheffield rocker returns to TV's Take Me Out in bid to land...
- 10:47 Sheffield rocker returns to TV's Take Me Out in bid to land...
- 10:47 Bluebird boat to return to water for first time since fatal...
- 10:47 Windmill restoration project wins share of £1.2m funding
- 10:46 Phil Smith looks at Sunderland, Ellis Short, Chris Coleman and a...
- 10:46 Boris Johnson urged to scrap plans for a bridge to France and spend...
- 10:46 Gadget: 5 of the best kitchen appliances
- 10:46 Sheffield Maplin staff watch and wait for sale
- 10:46 Arla plans to invest in Leeds
- 10:45 Game of Thrones season 8 leak: Show risks HUGE spoilers with major...
- 10:45 Totti: Mohamed Salah is world-class and can get even better