Car tax WARNING - Driver’s risk having their cars impounded in new clampdown
Your car could soon be towed-away, as a new campaign by the DVLA launches to clampdown on road tax evasion.
New figures released today suggest that around 10,000 untaxed vehicles in the UK are clamped or impounded every month.
In 2016 almost 106,000 untaxed cars were immobilised or impounded for not paying road tax in Britain.
This has almost doubled from 2014, with 57,254 being clamped in that year.
In 2015, 85,355 were clamped and 105,878 the following year.
The Driver Vehicle License Agency has launched a new campaign today ‘Tax it or lose it’ which sends a strong message to... read more
- 09:32 Warning: we could be set for measles outbreak
- 09:31 This house with a garden INSIDE could be yours - for £3.2million
- 09:31 Road closed because of ice as widespread frost hits region
- 09:30 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:28 Here's why Derby County goalkeeper Scott Carson is hoping to...
- 09:28 Snow and ice causing problems on the roads - updates
- 09:24 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 Louth man pleads not guilty to sexual assault
- 09:21 Jamie Robson is cheering pal John on with both head and heart
- 09:21 Jamie Robson realises playing well for Dundee United is best way to...
- 09:21 Big selection headache for Arbroath boss Dick Campbell ahead of...
- 09:21 East Fife boss has a nice selection headache
- 09:21 Chance for Cowdenbeath to climb off the bottom of the table
- 09:21 Darren Dods has seen an attacking change in Dundee United
- 09:21 Raith boss Barry Smith looking for some home comfort against...
- 09:21 Fraser Aird wants another eye-catching display for Dunfermline
- 09:21 Forfar looking to bounce back from Scottish Cup low
- 09:21 Montrose boss Stewart Petrie hopes team will take confidence from...
- 09:21 Dundee goal hero Mark O’Hara has every right to celebrate in style
- 09:21 Birmingham city centre street closed due to serious incident
- 09:21 Supermarkets are cashing in by selling standard own-label products...
- 09:21 Four major roads shut because of snow in High Peak
- 09:20 Stuart Broad optimistic England can turn around first Ashes Test...
- 09:20 Liverpool v Chelsea tips and odds, including Eden Hazard in a 33/1...
- 09:18 Driver 'ran away' after car flips in Princes Avenue crash
- 09:18 Car wrecked after smashing into wall in Bransholme horror crash
- 09:18 Nine Eritrean children found in back of lorry after driver calls 999
- 09:17 Woman charged with assault given second chance to appear in court
- 09:16 ‘Brexit will hurt EU MORE than UK’ German MEP breaks ranks to admit...