Car parking and tearoom brings in £250,000 at Talkin Tarn
One of north Cumbria’s best-loved beauty spots has generated £250,000 in income in three years.
Talkin Tarn brought in more than £51,000 in car parking charges last year – up £10,000 on the total in 2013/14.
Charging for parking was a controversial issue when it was first introduced in 2009.
But it looks to have worked as a money generator, with increases registered year-on-year.
A councillor for nearby Brampton welcomed the fact income was being produced at the picturesque destination, which buzzes with visitors on weekends, bank holidays and sunny days.
But Stephen Layden said a... read more
- 07:34 Takeaway shop on fire
- 07:34 £156m Man Utd striker swoops, major Chelsea dispute, Arsenal...
- 07:33 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:33 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 07:32 Toshiba's nuclear woes a hot ticket for bankruptcy financiers
- 07:32 TV, stage and film stars revealed for 2017 Festival No.6 lineup
- 07:32 West Brom news digest: Roy's boys; Foster's goodwill; Jose's...
- 07:32 Aston Villa news digest: Bruce's best player (it's a Blues man);...
- 07:32 Insurer Lloyd's of London confirms new Brussels base
- 07:32 Birmingham City news digest: Fabbrini on leaving; value of St...
- 07:32 Nikkei falls on pause in weak yen trend; chip-equipment makers firm
- 07:31 North Korea ‘could kill 90 per cent of Americans’ US intelligence...
- 07:31 BREAKING: Bomb squad seal off Malmo street over grenade fears
- 07:27 H&M Q1 profit tops forecast, to launch new brand in H2
- 07:27 Man shares multiple engagement photos to prove we don’t pay...
- 07:27 North Carolina 'bathroom' law: Deal reached on repeal
- 07:26 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:26 Cardiff uni study looks at coffee cup fee to cut single use
- 07:25 Live rush hour traffic, travel and news updates for Hull and East...
- 07:25 Tragedy of Dee Eskrett the nursery nurse who fell into drugs and...
- 07:25 Cars damaged in wrecking spree
- 07:24 Live: Drugs raids across Merseyside
- 07:23 PAULA SHERRIFF MP COLUMN: ‘Cuts to education are an appalling...
- 07:22 EU pulls plug on LSE’s merger with Deutsche Borse
- 07:22 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:22 Man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after colliding with...
- 07:22 50 Sheffield homes hit by power cut
- 07:21 Six ways to lower your fuel consumption
- 07:21 Breaking news, travel and weather updates around Notts on Thursday,...
- 07:19 1MDB has cleared 3 billion ringgit in debts, says Malaysian PM