Car insurance premiums have soared by £109 in just 12 months and now cost motorists £737 on average
Car owners are having to fork out £109 more to insure their vehicles than this time last year, according to new research.
The latest Confused.com car insurance price index found that premiums had rocketed by 17 per cent in the last 12 months to an average of £737 at the end of the third quarter of 2016.
It means that comprehensive cover has jumped by three per cent in the last three months alone - the equivalent of increasing by £22 on average.
At the beginning of 2016, drivers were paying an average of £672 to renew their car insurance policies - that's £65 less than they were having to... read more
- 15:09 Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- 15:09 Venezuelan opposition strike patchy amid government threats
- 15:09 Residents' group launches Heathrow legal challenge amid 'apparent...
- 15:09 Scott Brown ran the show against Man City and he can do same for...
- 15:09 WATCH: Burton Albion unveil new £1 million 3G pitch
- 15:08 Kenya bans clipboards to curb exam cheating at schools
- 15:08 Doncaster runners urged to support charity
- 15:08 Killed driver was five times over limit
- 15:08 Accused Derby man Dominic Halliday-Fox made to wait in Swadlincote...
- 15:07 Council letter accidentally directs residents to hardcore porn site
- 15:07 Father who disappeared 23 years ago found living 1,000 miles away...
- 15:07 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:07 Super Cubs celebrate highest possible achievement awards
- 15:07 Slugs have picked up a new bad habit because life in Britain is tough
- 15:07 Buxton B&B wins prestigious award for service
- 15:06 Brothers raped street drinker in front of their own sleeping mother
- 15:05 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:05 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:05 Two women were assaulted in a Chesterfield nightclub
- 15:04 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:04 Owner achieves lifelong dream with opening of new ladies boutique...
- 15:04 Top honour for D-day Navy veteran Walter
- 15:04 Man slapped in the face in Northampton town centre
- 15:02 Barcelona manager Luis Enrique defends former teammate Pep...
- 15:02 Pep Guardiola expresses concern at Manchester City's poor form...
- 15:02 Bawtry Post Office set to move location
- 15:02 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:02 Disharmony in British yoga community over moves to regulate teachers
- 15:01 First look inside the legendary Peggers Inn pub in more than a...
- 15:00 How to watch Manchester United vs Burnley - kick off time, team...