Car insurance premiums have soared by £109 in just 12 months and now cost motorists £737 on average
Car owners are having to fork out £109 more to insure their vehicles than this time last year, according to new research.
The latest Confused.com car insurance price index found that premiums had rocketed by 17 per cent in the last 12 months to an average of £737 at the end of the third quarter of 2016.
It means that comprehensive cover has jumped by three per cent in the last three months alone - the equivalent of increasing by £22 on average.
At the beginning of 2016, drivers were paying an average of £672 to renew their car insurance policies - that's £65 less than they were having to... read more
- 10:25 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 10:25 Keepers of poultry warned to keep birds inside to protect from bird...
- 10:25 New police powers will tackle Lancaster city centre crime
- 10:24 Young footballer scores goal – then drops dead on the pitch from a...
- 10:24 Everton vs Arsenal - win tickets to the Premier League match,...
- 10:23 CCTV still released after card stolen in Buxton burglary is used
- 10:23 Kenilworth D-Day veteran ‘overcome’ with emotion after receiving...
- 10:22 Lincolnshire Devolution: What now for the remaining eight?
- 10:21 EU fines Credit Agricole, HSBC, JPMorgan for Euribor fixing
- 10:21 UK industrial output suffers biggest fall in four years after...
- 10:21 This Manchester city pub will be feeding the homeless on Christmas day
- 10:21 Mourners shave heads for India's Jayalalitha
- 10:20 Pundit calls on Arsenal star Mesut Ozil to make this improvement to...
- 10:20 Ex-Real Madrid president discusses Alexis Sanchez's potential...
- 10:20 Corby police and their partners set up shop in the town centre
- 10:20 What is the speed of light? 6 facts surrounding today’s Google Doodle
- 10:19 £5 notes 'worth £20,000' in circulation
- 10:19 Business Stream chief grilled over farm complaints
- 10:18 Corby police and their partners set up shop in the town centre
- 10:18 Have your say on policing in the Kettering area
- 10:18 An alternative to panto at Nottingham theatre by folk star and...
- 10:17 Men bailed over security breach at Doncaster airport
- 10:17 Family of Zena Jackson and Cidalia 'shocked, confused and angry' as...
- 10:17 Extra trains to run on Tyne and Wear Metro this Christmas
- 10:16 Top lawyer fighting Brexit appeal continues case for third day at...
- 10:16 Bikers revving up to deliver gifts
- 10:15 School life: Experiencing culture across Europe
- 10:15 WATCH; Song for Christmas - St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- 10:15 BBC's Laura Kuenssberg named journalist of the year
- 10:15 Derbyshire fire service faces 'challenging times ahead'