Capita shares slide 14% as the outsourcing group warns of tough times ahead in a 'subdued' market
Shares in Capita fell by more than 14 per cent today after the company warned of a ‘subdued’ outsourcing market and flagged difficulties at its various units.
The firm, which has issued profit warnings this year, said it still expected underlying profits to rise in the second half of the year however.
But it also said that the market for major contracts had remained subdued throughout 2017, particularly in the public sector.
Shares in the FTSE 250 listed group fell 14 per cent to 400.24p in morning trading.
Capita, which is used by the Government and private companies for outsourcing, said... read more
- 06:57 Michael Sturrock: New rules on data are good business practice
- 06:57 Meghan Markle hints at feminist role in monarchy
- 06:57 Police issue CCTV images of men wanted over Doncaster attack
- 06:56 UK’s new air pollution strategy ‘hugely disappointing’, says Labour
- 06:56 A64 restrictions change to aid traffic
- 06:54 Ariana Grande shares message of support on anniversary of...
- 06:53 Chelsea should NOT sell Eden Hazard even if Real Madrid offer £150m...
- 06:52 Manchester attack: Arena survivors mark first anniversary
- 06:52 Tuesday’s best TV – Manchester: The Night of the Bomb; A&E Live
- 06:52 Ads on the frontline: changing hearts and minds
- 06:52 Karen Bradley urged to restart Stormont talks
- 06:51 Once and for all: your vulva isn’t meant to look good
- 06:51 Fussy teen ate nothing but sausage rolls for 15 years
- 06:51 Mum has her face painted to match her son’s birthmark so she can...
- 06:49 Bradgate Unit could be set for £50m 'complete revamp', here's where...
- 06:48 PNE boss Alex Neil says Deepdale strategy will lead to success
- 06:47 England’s ‘smallest toy shop’ helps Thrapston high street thrive
- 06:47 Wellingborough dancer on course for dream career in the West End
- 06:47 Could you down a pound of haggis for Corby hospice?
- 06:47 Wellingborough drink-driver who gave ‘highest reading ever’ jailed
- 06:46 Anthony Hopkins reveals he doesn't care if he's a granddad after...
- 06:46 Guest Column: Living with bipolar is tough but help is out there
- 06:46 Farewell, Barbara, Sheffield's lucky lottery winner who gave away...
- 06:43 Prince Harry’s joy at spotting orphan he bonded with in Africa and...
- 06:43 Activist sentenced to five years in prison for promoting Tibetan...
- 06:43 'Dynamic' Dundee earns place on Lonely Planet's Best in Europe 2018...
- 06:40 Missing Sheffield man found safe and well
- 06:39 New £140m distillery springs into life
- 06:39 Darren McGarvey: A journey from wits’ end to Orwell Prize nomination
- 06:39 Call for small-time drug users to avoid court