Canoeist killed in Aberglaslyn tragedy named
The canoeist who died in a tragedy at Aberglaslyn on Tuesday has been named as Thomas Lloyd.
Mr Lloyd was 24 and came from the Whittfield area of Staffordshire.
He died while kayaking on the Glaslyn river near Beddgelert and getting into difficulty.
Despite a massive search operation the 24-year-old's body was discovered by emergency services late on Tuesday evening.
It was recovered on Wednesday morning and taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd , Bangor where a post-mortem took place.
Read More Body of canoeist recovered from Aberglaslyn
In a statement North Wales Police said: "North Wales Police... read more
- 09:30 Super-cool bunny in sunglasses is given the ultimate...
- 09:30 Hyped-up Russia ready for World War Three but not for the reason...
- 09:29 700 homes, a pub, restaurant and shop: Plans for new huge...
- 09:29 Sunderland fatigue won’t be an issue against Arsenal, says Duncan...
- 09:29 Police launch search for missing Glasgow teenager who disappeared...
- 09:28 AUDIO: Heartbreaking 999 call from terrified elderly woman...
- 09:28 Family’s thanks for support after fire destroys their Swinstead home
- 09:28 Nissan announcement is ‘fantastic’, say suppliers
- 09:28 Hospital search for family or friends of woman, 55, who died there...
- 09:28 Hong Kong stocks at 2-month low on U.S. rate hike prospects
- 09:26 Arsenal injury blow: Arsene Wenger confirms Gunners star ruled out...
- 09:24 Expiry date for cash earmarked for new Castle Way crossing in Carlisle
- 09:24 Police visit nail bars, car washes and takeaways in anti-slavery week
- 09:24 Unsafe railway bridge needs to be demolished, says Network Rail
- 09:24 The Bay Gateway: Exclusive preview of the new road
- 09:24 Attack victim Ben is out of coma and talking to family
- 09:23 Wales Rally GB in Chester: Everything you need to know
- 09:23 Smail Ayad charged in Australia with second British backpacker murder
- 09:23 Chris Tarrant: Since I had a stroke I've been taking a lot more...
- 09:22 Historic Warwick sites recognised as being ‘at risk’
- 09:21 Junior Football: Free-scoring Gartcairn keep Junior Cup dream alive
- 09:20 Nissan announcement is ‘fantastic’, say suppliers
- 09:20 Mental health services must improve at 127 NHS groups, figures show
- 09:19 Care home near Market Drayton is told to improve standards
- 09:18 Liverpool had to steal Trent Alexander-Arnold away from...
- 09:18 Guards hurt in robbery at bank
- 09:17 National Sperm Bank in Birmingham forced to stop recruiting new donors
- 09:16 Local history: Buried alive? Past Calderdale funeral customs
- 09:15 Imitation gun pointed at woman
- 09:14 Tamim Iqbal and Mominul Haque leave Bangladesh in control at lunch