Cannock's clean restaurants make UK top 10 for hygiene
The district is ranked in the top 10 across the UK for hygiene inspections – with 520 premises out of 874 boasting a five star rating.
The National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme scores businesses that serve food between zero and five, with the former meaning urgent improvement is necessary and the latter meaning the establishment is ‘very good’.
Some 99 per cent of dining spots were rated generally satisfactory, good or very good.
And Cannock does not have a single establishment with a rating of zero, compared to dozens across the Black Country.
In comparison 152 businesses in neighbouring... read more
- 15:07 Banking royal commission: Labor asks Turnbull for compensation scheme
- 15:07 Peak District tourism business workshops to push new marketing project
- 15:07 Club tropicália: the mesmerising power of Brazilian art
- 15:00 Thierry Henry wants Arsene Wenger to be remembered for 'changing...
- 15:00 Arsenal supporters pay tribute to departing manager Arsene Wenger...
- 14:58 Peak District tourism business workshops to push new marketing project
- 14:54 Arsenal issue update on Mohamed Elneny after Arsenal star appears...
- 14:54 Scots carer slept in grit bin overnight after ferry cancelled
- 14:54 Ronnie O'Sullivan storms back against Stephen Maguire to avoid a...
- 14:53 Chris Froome salbutamol case expected to be resolved before Tour de...
- 14:52 PICTURED: Dramatic images of spectacular lightning over Yorkshire
- 14:52 Suffragettes ride out for parity in cycling
- 14:52 Missing Hornsea couple may need medical help
- 14:52 A Lancashire man has died after being pulled from water in the Lake...
- 14:50 Motorway closures after 'serious collision' near Wigan
- 14:49 Killer whales seen in river Clyde
- 14:49 Windrush: Corbyn says PM ignored immigration policy warnings
- 14:47 London Marathon 2018: Katie Price is cheered on by supporters as...
- 14:45 Labour to seek local support for £250bn 'regional renaissance'
- 14:44 The club who could come calling for Arsene Wenger this summer -...
- 14:44 Why West Brom's late rally and denial of Liverpool was particularly...
- 14:43 Eliud Kipchoge wins men’s London Marathon as Mo Farah comes third
- 14:40 Review of ‘crucial’ flood alert system
- 14:40 On The Beat column: The latest police news for Pocklington and...
- 14:40 Syracuse University expels fraternity over racist video
- 14:40 Grantham woman competes on TV quiz show
- 14:35 ‘Pick ourselves up. Dust ourselves down’ - 11 things you said on...
- 14:32 Dismay at cost of policing tree protests in Sheffield
- 14:31 Michelle Keegan reveals heartache over 'difficult' long-distance...
- 14:30 ‘We will never rebuilt with Short’ - your reaction to Sunderland’s...