Cannabis link to brittle bones: Heavy users found to be at a higher risk of osteoporosis and have more fragile spines and hips
People who regularly smoke cannabis are damaging their bones and could get osteoporosis in later life.
Heavy cannabis users, who smoke several times a day, have more fragile spines and hips, a study by the University of Edinburgh found.
They suffer more broken bones, because of lower bone density, understood to be caused by the drug.
The first study of bone health in cannabis smokers is just the latest evidence of its harmful effects. Although many young people see it as a 'soft drug', it has been previously linked with psychosis, schizophrenia and memory loss.
Those who smoke it heavily... read more
- 17:01 Watch moment Ronnie O’Sullivan misses out on AMAZING 147 maximum...
- 17:00 Mansfield man faces child sex charges at crown court
- 17:00 'Come and join the Brexit club' Farage SHOUTS DOWN Brussels over...
- 17:00 Rescue at Glasson Dock involving lifeboat crews
- 17:00 Scots soldier jailed for life for stalking ex-girlfriend and...
- 17:00 Mum drove drunk and dangerously with young son in Forest Town
- 17:00 BREAKING: Person hit by train in South Yorkshire
- 16:59 Victim's jaw broken in seven-on-two gang beating in Northampton
- 16:58 Didi Hamann: Jose Mourinho is taking a huge risk by doing this with...
- 16:58 Arsenal make major summer announcement: Ivan Gazidis speaks out
- 16:58 Police appealing for information after spate of cars thefts near Rugby
- 16:58 Police warning after man approaches girl in Alvaston Park
- 16:58 One third of Brits have sleepless nights worrying about debt
- 16:58 Councillors agree to tackle rural GPs shortage
- 16:58 Bulldozers in move to make pier site safer
- 16:56 Call for spending limit on whole West Midlands Mayor campaign after...
- 16:56 Walney road closed by Police
- 16:56 When will The Chase be back? Anne Hegerty confirms agonising RETURN...
- 16:55 East Midlands ‘most tolerant’ of migrants but ‘hate EU budget’...
- 16:55 Dog coaxed from under car in Chapel St Leonards needs name
- 16:55 Nearly half of Russians want PM Medvedev to quit, says poll
- 16:54 Jose Mourinho orders Manchester United to sign Willian from Chelsea
- 16:53 Chelsea bombshell: Eden Hazard tells friends he wants to join Real...
- 16:53 Ronnie O'Sullivan OUT of World Snooker Championship 2017 after Ding...
- 16:53 Benidorm or bust in car rally for Charnock Richard father son team
- 16:52 Viking battlefield site said to be in Borders
- 16:52 Newcastle United tax raids are 'black cloud on sunshine of...
- 16:52 Bradley Lowery's Sunderland mascot role cancelled as mum shares...
- 16:52 Call for spending limit on whole West Midlands Mayor campaign after...
- 16:51 ‘Caring side of job appealed to me’