Cancer sufferer Steve de-Haan has a year to live despite initially being given the all-clear
Father-of-four Steve de-Haan thought he had won his battle with cancer six years ago, but now he has been told it has come back with a vengeance and he has just a year to live.
But Chorley man Steve, who has six grandchildren, has found out about a groundbreaking new treatment which could extend his life by up to 10 years.
Now his friends and family are rallying round to raise £50,000 to send him to Germany for the cancer immunotherapy treatment.
Steve, 59, said: “It’s quite a thing when someone tells you you have a year to live, it came out of the blue.”
He had battled bowel cancer six... read more
- 09:37 Revolutionary anti-terror barriers introduced to stop vehicles...
- 09:36 Manchester United’s Jose Mourinho: ‘Playing Liverpool has more...
- 09:36 What time is Man Utd vs Chelsea? TV channel, team news, odds...
- 09:36 Brett Anderson Q&A: ‘I always wanted to make my own tribe’
- 09:35 Man arrested in West End murder investigation
- 09:35 Socket fire sparks evacuation of city centre tower block
- 09:35 Police investigate criminal damage at Barrow toy shop
- 09:34 Grantham school staff clock up the miles
- 09:33 Man Utd vs Chelsea: LIVE stream, TV channel, start time, team news,...
- 09:33 Arsenal stars look sharp in final training session before Carabao...
- 09:33 Lost cities of the world
- 09:33 Woman, 79, arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly man was...
- 09:33 Five things we learned: Preston North End 0-1 Ipswich Town
- 09:32 Prolific Newcastle bar burglar jailed once again for stealing from...
- 09:32 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 09:31 'Potential killer' crashes into roundabout
- 09:30 Scotland’s style awards set to return to Glasgow
- 09:29 Hedgehog numbers have halved in the countryside
- 09:29 EastEnders spoilers: Jay Mitchell is viciously attacked by drug...
- 09:28 PT says her body will ‘never be the same again’ after giving birth
- 09:26 'It’s an act of war’ North Korea condemns US sanctions – warns...
- 09:26 Manager latest: Lee Clark in attendance as Hartlepool United's...
- 09:23 Dated 1930s house makes way for sensational self-build
- 09:23 Police continue crackdown on 'boy racers' at Chesterfield supermarket
- 09:21 These hidden driving licence codes could land you with a huge fine
- 09:18 Workington man who stole nine packs of gammon appears in court
- 09:18 Woman swears at judge as she storms out of court
- 09:15 The PNE fans' panel
- 09:14 Glenn Hoddle slams Jose Mourinho: ‘He’s holding Paul Pogba back!’
- 09:13 PSL 2018 Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United LIVE stream: How to...