Cancer rates will rise for women but FALL for men over the next 20 years: Experts blame alcohol, smoking and obesity for soaring levels in females
Cancer risk will increase for women but decline for men over the next 20 years, experts predict.
More than 500,000 people will be diagnosed with cancer each year in the UK by 2035, up from 352,000 a year in 2014, British scientists say.
Experts warn drinking, smoking and obesity are contributing to rising levels of cancer, particularly among women.
Cancer Research UK scientists calculate that taking into account someone’s age, the risk of the average woman getting cancer will rise 0.11 per cent every year between now and 2035.
But over the same period the annual risk for men – called the... read more
- 00:34 Jose Mourinho shuts down question on Antoine Griezmann after...
- 00:34 Unique Cumbrian trees take centre stage in forest exhibition
- 00:33 Conor McGregor 'may never fight again' - UFC president Dana White
- 00:31 Rufus Hound hit with backlash over his Manchester terror...
- 00:31 M&S rides storm after clothing sales setback
- 00:31 City news: Ineos, RBS, Britain's car industry, Screwfix
- 00:29 Fly to the US for less than £100 as low-cost airline opens new...
- 00:28 Donations flood in for homeless heroes
- 00:25 The sex slaves of al-Shabab
- 00:23 Manchester attack: Everything we know about suicide bomber Salman...
- 00:22 Found at scene in Manchester: Detonator, Shrapnel and battery
- 00:22 Watch Europa League final highlights after Manchester United beat Ajax
- 00:22 Tiger Woods determined to play golf again but admits he faces at...
- 00:21 Here is everything we know so far about the Manchester tragedy
- 00:20 Manchester terror attack: Nuneaton property raided and man arrested
- 00:19 Churches and police join forces to help most vulnerable in Cumbria
- 00:18 Call for Leeds rail passengers to help protect vulnerable children
- 00:18 Drinking coffee may have protective effect against liver cancer,...
- 00:18 Patrick Mercer: Terrorism – we must protect those who protect us
- 00:18 YP Comment: Standing up to the forces of evil. Soldiers in a show...
- 00:17 Jose Mourinho: This striker could be at Manchester United next season
- 00:17 Manchester United told to go on epic spending spree: They need four...
- 00:16 The staggering number of abusive tweets sent to MPs
- 00:10 Last night's TV reviewed: Fair cops a force for good
- 00:10 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to name shock inclusion for Chelsea...
- 00:09 'I turned my dad's erotic novel into a hit podcast'
- 00:06 Coronation Street attacker reveal, killer exit and rape horror: 10...
- 00:05 Syrian army drives back Isis in surprise blitz offensive
- 00:05 Venezuela: Delayed regional elections after constitution rewrite
- 00:05 Philippines: Dirty Duterte may extend martial law