Cancer patient feels 'privileged to be alive' after NHS trial treatment
A musician from Manchester has spoken of her joy at the NHS clinical trial which has given her the chance of an extended life.
Professional viola player Cathy Perkins, 63, who has melanoma in her finger, was given only months to live before she took part in a groundbreaking clinical trial.
"Four years later I feel privileged to be alive," she said.
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) has issued an urgent call for more people to volunteer for NHS clinical research trials, which are crucial for the progress of ongoing research.
A new study has revealed that few people... read more
- 01:49 Wales 'behind' in technology to detect prostate cancer
- 01:49 Emotional eating 'learned by children not inherited'
- 01:47 Disabled mother who fought for mobility support back’s charity crusade
- 01:47 Charity urges sandwich generation to speak to parents about death
- 01:47 The Yorkshire Post says: NHS tables turned. Tories try to outflank...
- 01:47 Andrew Vine: Windrush – and how Britain was changed on day the...
- 01:47 Anthony Smith: Rail passengers share woes and demand answers
- 01:47 Leeds City Council reveals new plan for Clean Air Zone charges,...
- 01:46 Developers search for occupiers for remainder of Lomondgate scheme
- 01:42 Nostalgia with Margaret Watson: 150 years of St Saviour’s Church in...
- 01:42 It’s good to talk: Is ‘pink and fluffy’ the way forward for...
- 01:36 Northern Rail: Guards row sparks fresh strikes
- 01:36 Anthony Smith: Rail passengers share woes and demand answers
- 01:36 Leeds City Council reveals new plan for Clean Air Zone charges,...
- 01:31 Tortured puppy shifts Turkey elections agenda
- 01:28 Trump administration scrambles as outrage grows over border...
- 01:19 Disabled mother who fought for mobility support back’s charity crusade
- 01:18 'It's exhilarating': Japan's female sumo wrestlers take on sexism
- 01:14 The Rolling Stones: How Eel Pie Island shaped the band's career
- 01:06 Did colour cost Lenny Kravitz a major role in Big Little Lies?
- 01:02 Susanna Reid in 'constant battle' with Piers Morgan
- 00:56 Palestinian killed as Israel fires rockets
- 00:56 BREAKING: Trump demands tariffs on $200billion of Chinese goods as...
- 00:43 Recording captures cries of children separated from parents at US...
- 00:43 Spain to exhume Franco's remains and turn site into place of...
- 00:43 Teenager arrested over fatal north London stabbing
- 00:37 Why is the St George’s flag controversial - and is it legal to fly it?
- 00:37 Water firms failed customers during 'Beast from the East'
- 00:37 University chiefs to be forced to justify pay
- 00:36 Susanna Reid: I've had enough of men telling me about feminism