Cancer mum Heidi Loughlin 'amazed' at bucket list response
A mother of two who is battling a rare form of cancer has been "amazed" at the response to a bucket list of things she wants to achieve before she dies.
Heidi Loughlin, of Portishead was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and detailed her wishlist on the BBC Radio Bristol Facebook page on Monday.
Among the items on the list were a road trip across America and to marry her partner of 10 years, Keith Smith.
She has since been inundated with offers of help from all over the world.
The kind gestures include a free-of-charge apartment in the French alps for skiing and a trip in the... read more
- 06:25 Having more sex might improve your memory
- 06:25 Over a quarter of UK millennials are up for dating someone much older
- 06:23 The friend effect: why the secret of health and happiness is...
- 06:22 No food, no water: African migrants recount terrifying Atlantic...
- 06:20 Authors of “Fit at Mid-Life” book urge others to try fit at 50...
- 06:20 Public urged to share their NHS stories for 70th anniversary
- 06:20 Cristiano Ronaldo wishes he was facing Man Utd not Liverpool in...
- 06:18 Chris Marshall: Reaction to special constable in a hijab says a lot
- 06:18 Leader comment: Kirk should sound trumpet over sexism
- 06:18 Leader comment: A dated approach to history
- 06:18 Scots medicial chiefs warn NHS ‘stretched to the limit’ by Brexit
- 06:18 Scots civic leaders launch declaration to prevent Brexit
- 06:18 Edinburgh schools review decision postponed
- 06:14 Government was too slow to spot Carillion's trouble brewing – MPs
- 06:13 Double standards
- 06:13 The vulnerable need more protection
- 06:10 Man Utd star Juan Mata has classy message for Chelsea and fans...
- 06:09 Jack Catterall to cheer on Terry Flanagan ahead of potential world...
- 06:09 Preston boxer Amalie goes for European glory in Bulgaria
- 06:09 Three-year deal is Darnell Fisher’s reward for strong first season...
- 06:08 Study suggests Grammar school students unlikely to do better than...
- 06:05 Professor Brigid Daniel: Teachers are in a class of their own
- 06:05 Better nature – the community trust doing a power of good for locals
- 06:05 Ruth Davidson: Just ignore SNP’s latest indyref talk
- 06:05 Martyn McLaughlin: Don’t believe hype about gigs in your living room
- 06:05 Alistair Carmichael: Passport to visit kitchen? The absurdity of...
- 06:04 12 people reveal the weirdest things they’ve been asked to do in...
- 06:03 Philip Roth obituary
- 06:03 Kettering school to ban use of mobile phones
- 06:03 Let’s help change Kettering boy Elliot’s life