Canada's Fiera buys Charlemagne Capital, eyes more deals
Canadian asset manager Fiera Capital (FSZ.TO) announced it has bought London-based Charlemagne Capital (CHAR.L) for 40.7 million pounds ($52.8 million) and said it is in talks with several other targets.
The Montreal-based firm wants to have C$200 billion assets under management by 2020, up from C$109 billion at the end of June, and is aggressively pursuing acquisitions to achieve that.
"We are seeing a number of potential opportunities in the market at this time that could add to our capabilities. We are talking to six or seven different parties," Chief Operating Officer Sylvain... read more
- 00:18 Climate change could make flights longer and bumpier
- 00:18 How Sicilian oranges are being made into clothes
- 00:18 Wayne Rooney's England career never provided an iconic moment for...
- 00:18 Piglets rescued from fire become firefighters' BBQ
- 00:13 Disturbing rise in sprawling US-style ‘megafarms’ operating in Britain
- 00:13 What to do if you don’t get the GCSE grades you were expecting
- 00:13 What is the acceptable amount to give your children for passing...
- 00:13 Do universities actually look at your GCSE results?
- 00:13 What does it feel like to fail your GCSEs? Let me tell you
- 00:13 What to do if you need to retake your GCSE exams
- 00:11 Virgil Van Dijk met Chelsea without permission before telling...
- 00:11 Arsenal will only intensify Julian Draxler interest if Alexis...
- 00:10 Firefighters battle huge 'suspicious' blaze at Poundland in east...
- 00:10 South Africa: Miners’ union hits out after thugs firebomb homes
- 00:10 UK car production revs up in July
- 00:10 China and Russia denounce US over unilateral sanctions
- 00:10 Food industry warns of Brexit workforce shortage
- 00:10 Rubber bullets fired at Trump rally protesters
- 00:10 Northern transport summit ‘is a fraud’
- 00:10 Argos landed in court over ‘illegal scabbing’
- 00:06 WBC announce creation of ‘Money’ belt for Floyd Mayweather vs...
- 00:06 Ex-England captain Paul Collingwood offered £75k to play for Andy...
- 00:05 High blood pressure: Lowering your reading to THIS could protect...
- 00:05 IBS warning: Bloating and stomach pain could actually be too much...
- 00:05 Dementia risk: Three drinks that could PREVENT memory loss
- 00:05 Concern over 'rapid' rise of drink and drug abuse among the over-50s
- 00:00 Denmark: Torso’s DNA matches that of missing journalist
- 00:00 Yemen: Scores die in air strikes by Saudi forces
- 00:00 South Korea: Seoul shuns US calls for trade revision
- 00:00 CWU joins Momentum’s bid to deliver Tory losses