Canada not immune to right-wing extremism
In the middle of the night in early October, Ku Klux Klan flyers stuffed into Ziploc bags landed on the doorsteps of a few dozen homes in two British Columbia towns.
Similar flyers were dropped in a neighbouring community over the summer.
In recent weeks, anti-Muslim and anti-Sikh posters also cropped up on two university campuses in Alberta. It is unclear who was behind the incidents. Police are investigating.
These events contrast with Canada's image as an open, multicultural society, and one that recently opened its doors to over 30,000 Syrian refugees.
But for researchers like James... read more
- 18:16 Images released of suspect after girl, 11, was sexually assaulted...
- 18:15 Holiday bosses didn't want to scare Tunisia tourists with 'army of...
- 18:15 You can now order food and drink at Wetherspoons from your phone
- 18:15 Staffy tied up and used as attack bait for other dogs
- 18:14 Carer saw man with TV similar to item stolen from Norma Bell
- 18:13 Bayern Munich earmark Chelsea target Marco Verratti as replacement...
- 18:12 Ireland reports 'mad cow' case, says no risk to health
- 18:12 Trump to take handful of executive actions on Day One - transition
- 18:11 More than 400 jobs to go at Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank
- 18:11 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:10 Teenager charged after youngster stabbed at Swedish 'no-go zone'...
- 18:10 ‘Robert Mugabe to die on October 17 2017’ Zimbabwean priest...
- 18:10 'Muslims should not wear burka in public’, says Australian Premier...
- 18:10 Rape-proof knickers created in wake of Cologne sex attacks SELL OUT...
- 18:10 Done Deal: Chelsea striker makes switch away from Stamford Bridge
- 18:09 WATCH: Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 18:09 Latest court results from the Ilkeston area
- 18:09 Woman hurt after car crashes into a hedge
- 18:09 Friends of St Cross make dream start to sleep fundraiser
- 18:08 Meet the four-legged new arrivals set to keep North East nature...
- 18:08 Dad who broke his back in seven places after horror motorbike crash...
- 18:08 Holocaust to be marked with a series of events across the North East
- 18:08 Theresa May accused of betraying the North East over total Brexit plan
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...