Can you help turn Grantham hospital room into 1940s space for dementia patients?
An underused room on a ward at Grantham Hospital is set to be taken back in time to help support dementia patients.
Louise Lai, staff nurse on the emergency assessment unit at the Hospital, is looking to adapt the day room and transform it into a dementia friendly activity room. She is looking for a range of donated items from members of the public and local businesses to transform the room.
The idea is to make the room look more like a living room from the 1940s with plenty of activities to help improve care and inpatient stays for dementia patients.
Patients will have somewhere they can... read more
- 06:58 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and weather
- 06:57 SNP big guns face losing seats under shake-up of boundaries
- 06:57 Tory MSP under fire after paying his own firm from public cash
- 06:57 Paris Gourtsoyannis: How Brexit could be over by Christmas
- 06:57 Leader comment: Sometimes we need to push the boundaries
- 06:56 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and weather
- 06:56 Arsenal team: Arsene Wenger’s expected Arsenal line up to face Red...
- 06:56 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte is making a cry for help - Jonathan Liew
- 06:56 Emergency services join forces for Bonfire campaign
- 06:56 Cyclist suffers serious injuries in Penwortham crash
- 06:55 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and weather
- 06:54 Liverpool v Man Utd: Lukaku's coming together with Lovren was...
- 06:53 Live: Breaking news, weather and travel Tuesday October 17
- 06:52 Margaret Neighbour
- 06:52 James Mackenzie: Deposit system welcome – but we must go further
- 06:49 Wedding dress store to bring bride and joy
- 06:49 Brave Winsford transplant boy to have new law named after him
- 06:48 Nando’s is adding two new veggie options to the menu
- 06:47 Hasselbaink remains calm and upbeat as he urges Cobblers to ‘stay...
- 06:45 Tuesday briefing: Hard Brexit and the hip pocket
- 06:45 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:44 Geri the Giraffe stolen from Daventry village
- 06:44 'Dark day' for library services in Northamptonshire as county...
- 06:44 Alex Neil delighted to have Ben Pearson back in business for Preston
- 06:44 Man Utd draw at Liverpool better result than Man City's 7-2 win...
- 06:43 Second blow for Spalding’s NHS dental patients
- 06:42 'Dark day' for library services in Northamptonshire as council...
- 06:42 Celtic star Patrick Roberts insists Hoops hold no fear about facing...
- 06:42 Celtic star Patrick Roberts relishing the chance to take on hero...
- 06:42 Northampton's ambulance service trains 150 students to perform CPR...