Can Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola swap perfectionism for pragmatism or will his exhausting style end title hopes?
IT started in Glasgow and continued in London. First a Celtic side so ludicrously over-matched on team-sheet paper thrice penetrated the defences of Pep Guardiola's Manchester City to claim a famous Champions League group point.
Then a more cleverly organised, higher-energy Tottenham put two past City without reply, even affording themselves the self-indulgence of a missed penalty en route to compelling victory.
In the space of four days a club feted as Premier League champions-elect a mere month into the campaign, one whose early season football had been described as the best ever seen in... read more
- 18:20 Russia says it extends moratorium on Aleppo air strikes
- 18:19 CCTV clue after two friends attacked after leaving The Ritz in...
- 18:19 Bodies found after Allerton house fire
- 18:18 DVD Reviews: Two Women and A Special Day
- 18:16 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 18:14 GUILTY: Fleetwood man murdered his baby girl
- 18:14 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:14 Cannabis farm uncovered at remote Cumbrian bungalow
- 18:14 Man denies insurance fraud
- 18:13 'I had to quit my job and do something to help people': One woman's...
- 18:13 Ronda Rousey ran from fighting Holly Holm again in the UFC after...
- 18:13 Car crashes into houses
- 18:12 Sir Alex Ferguson: This is my biggest regret from 27 years at...
- 18:12 Wolves next manager odds: Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce lead the way
- 18:12 Tractor driver dies as vehicle leaves road and hits shed at airfield
- 18:11 Students ‘riot’ during ‘pi**y’ themed night out
- 18:10 Traffic delays expected on A6 in Derby during rush hour
- 18:10 Traditional tales kept children at Grange Street Infants' School in...
- 18:10 Vital work to take place at Chesterfield car park
- 18:10 VIDEO: Halloween ghost stories from a Nottinghamshire landmark
- 18:09 Morecambe dad’s £45K mission to fight MS
- 18:09 Teenager who vanished is found tied to a bed in his Dad’s basement...
- 18:09 Manchester United boss Mourinho says life in the city is 'a disaster'
- 18:09 Guardiola identifies how Man City can improve significantly
- 18:09 Manchester United defender Eric Bailly out injured for two months
- 18:08 Event at hall launches county career college
- 18:08 First pictures of Dreamworld accident victims as devastated mum...
- 18:08 Torpedo stuffed with £4.5m worth of 'Playboy' cocaine washes up on...
- 18:08 Two-car crash on A46 at Ratcliffe