Can dogs tell the time with their NOSES? Changes in scent may help canines keep track of passing hours
Dogs have long been know to pick up scents that humans can't, but they may also be able to tell the time using their snouts.
The theory has been around for some time, but a new book backs up the idea that 'dogs smell time,'.
'As each day wears a new smell, its hours mark changes in odours that your dog can notice,' explains Professor Alexandra Horowitz.
Scroll down for video
SNIFFING OUT CRIMINALS Police are recruiting specially trained dogs to sniff out USB sticks used by paedophiles.
The Franklin County Sherriff’s Office in Ohio has enlisted a 17-month-old Labrador retriever named... read more
- 03:41 Mesut Ozil to request Arsenal’s No.10 shirt after Jack Wilshere’s exit
- 03:31 Eureka turns training pitch for girls
- 02:45 Momentum chief Jon Lansman's 'run on pound' fear
- 02:39 BREAKING: Ex-South Korean Prime Minister Kim Jong-Pil has died
- 02:32 Is racism worsening Australia's China influence row?
- 02:32 Turkey's elections explained in 100 and 500 words
- 02:31 Ariana Grande boasts about size of Pete Davidson's manhood in...
- 02:31 Priyanka Chopra takes Nick Jonas to Mumbai! Actress wears racy...
- 02:31 Victoria Beckham flashes a glimpse of her bra under her semi-sheer...
- 02:31 Love Island: Dumped Rosie takes a swipe at Lauren Goodger following...
- 02:31 Ant McPartlin 'offers Lisa Armstrong their London home in a bid to...
- 02:31 Newsreader Natasha Kaplinsky's eight-year-old daughter suffers...
- 02:31 Meghan Trainor flashes cleavage and her giant engagement ring at...
- 02:18 Anthony Bourdain: Chef's mother plans memorial tattoo
- 02:14 Why many mums are better than one
- 02:05 Forced asset sales by banks destroying farmers' lives, Nationals...
- 02:04 When the going gets tough, the tough get mucky
- 01:50 North Korean propaganda changes its tune
- 01:33 Teens on 9-1 GCSEs: 'Everyone's worried about grade boundaries'
- 01:33 Meet Game of Thrones' woman of weapons
- 01:25 The Aquarius: Migrant taxi service or charitable rescuers?
- 01:23 Tom Richmond: Tories could pay dearly for their attitude to the North
- 01:22 Codebreaking Bombe moves to computer museum
- 01:21 Charity issues plea to parents as holidays end
- 01:21 Renting a way of life in hard-up Britain
- 01:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Brexit crash landing fears. Airbus chief...
- 01:14 David Behrens: NHS needs to push the envelope on methods of...
- 01:14 Sir William Worsley: Trees must be at the heart of our...
- 01:09 Charing Cross evacuated as man on tracks claims to have a bomb
- 01:04 The Yorkshire Post says: Cricket’s new test. How to win over Asian...