Can deodorants cause CANCER? Study claims aluminium salts 'may trigger tumours'
Women who regularly use deodorants containing aluminium salts could be at greater risk of developing breast cancer, a new study has claimed.
Swiss researchers argue long-term exposure to aluminium chloride can trigger the development of tumours which spread to other parts of the body.
But previous studies have denied there is any link - and manufacturers insist products are entirely safe.
The latest study, by scientists at the University of Geneva, suggests there may be an increased risk due to the use of aluminium compounds in antiperspirants.
These compounds temporarily block sweat glands... read more
- 14:21 Car crushed by falling wall as Doris hits Lincs
- 14:21 Germany, France want long-term prospects for workers in PSA/Opel...
- 14:21 Record rise in CBI retail prices gauge signals spiralling inflation
- 14:21 Lull in once-rampant British housing market to persist for years -...
- 14:20 WATCH: Storm Doris causes chaos across Burton and South Derbyshire
- 14:18 Arsenal star has been a major disappointment this season - Didi Hamann
- 14:17 High Peak councillors approve 1.9% council tax hike
- 14:17 Nicola Sturgeon's 'heart breaks' for Paige Doherty's family after...
- 14:16 Coronation Street: Is Michelle Connor about to STEAL Leanne...
- 14:15 Sixty schools still lack a defibrillator
- 14:15 Amazon Prime imam 'stopped in the street for selfies'
- 14:15 Jury told girl 'lured' Tuohy
- 14:15 Hairdryers used to strike blow against speeders in Hopeman
- 14:15 Good Samaritans thanked
- 14:15 Date set for second inquest into suspicious death of Cumbrian baby
- 14:15 Chemo didn't stop Jo tackling challenge list
- 14:15 WATCH: Burton Albion vs Blackburn Rovers result predicted by...
- 14:14 Pictured: Diego Costa in Chelsea training ground ‘scrap’, David...
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing