Can deodorants cause CANCER? Study claims aluminium salts 'may trigger tumours'
Women who regularly use deodorants containing aluminium salts could be at greater risk of developing breast cancer, a new study has claimed.
Swiss researchers argue long-term exposure to aluminium chloride can trigger the development of tumours which spread to other parts of the body.
But previous studies have denied there is any link - and manufacturers insist products are entirely safe.
The latest study, by scientists at the University of Geneva, suggests there may be an increased risk due to the use of aluminium compounds in antiperspirants.
These compounds temporarily block sweat glands... read more
- 18:43 A1 shut after accident and car fire in North Yorkshire
- 18:43 Yorkshire weather warning: Met office warns rain, sleet and snow...
- 18:41 Wrestle-mania fit for families
- 18:40 Arrests after man suffers stab wound in Mansfield
- 18:39 Sunday snow: Your pictures from today’s snowfall around the North East
- 18:36 Campaigners bid to buy Katie Hopkin's £1m mansion to turn it into...
- 18:35 US shutdown: White House voicemail changed to blame Democrats
- 18:34 Real Betis vs Barcelona LIVE updates: Teams and highlights as Messi...
- 18:34 Masters 2018: Snooker does NOT need Ronnie O’Sullivan - Barry Hearn
- 18:31 How Manchester United FC's attack could look with Alexis Sanchez
- 18:31 Yorkshire weather warning: Met office warns rain, sleet and snow...
- 18:28 Vote for your volunteering hero in Skegness
- 18:28 Wrestle-mania fit for families
- 18:28 Yorkshire weather warning: Met office warns rain, sleet and snow...
- 18:26 Transfer rumours: Wolverhampton Wanderers want former striker;...
- 18:25 Paramore’s Hayley Williams responds to fan who revealed they...
- 18:25 Sunday snow: Your pictures from today’s snowfall around the North East
- 18:24 Man complains to BBC for saying ‘when’ not ‘if’ Brexit happens
- 18:24 Malcom to Tottenham: Instagram story gives Spurs fans false hope...
- 18:23 Teenager killed in North East crash early this morning
- 18:22 Dangerous conditions at Dalton and Lindal plus multiple collisions...
- 18:22 Emergency services called to two-car crash in North Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Exclusive Sean Gregan PNE column
- 18:20 Sunday's snow might not be the last of the wild weather, as Met...
- 18:20 Italian expat Pellegrino Buglione used Don Amott caravans to house...
- 18:18 A1 shut after accident and car fire in North Yorkshire
- 18:18 Yorkshire weather warning: Met office warns rain, sleet and snow...
- 18:18 17-year-old killed in two-car collision in Jarrow
- 18:18 Protect yourself against a potential loss of income - Five minute...
- 18:18 Teenager killed in North East crash early this morning