Can Class of '88 inspire Hull City to rare Chelsea win?
If Hull City are to sign off for the international break on an uplifting high tomorrow, they must produce a result that has come along only once in the last 91 years.
In 31 league and cup meetings with Chelsea, a run dating all the way back to 1925, City have emerged victorious on just one occasion. There was the famous FA Cup comeback of 1966 to earn a quarter-final replay and, more recently, two hard-fought Premier League points in 2009 and 2010, but the Tigers must look to the Class of 1988-89 and Keith Edwards for true inspiration.
Against a Chelsea side that would run away with the... read more
- 04:53 Man Utd’s handling of Wayne Rooney’s future has surprised me - Gary...
- 04:52 Man Utd hero Ji-Sung Park singles Marcus Rashford out for praise
- 04:33 UFC News: McGregor criticised by Roach, Diaz talks, Anderson on UFC...
- 04:30 Chinese president makes first ever visit to Hong Kong
- 04:28 Brazilian army opens fire on ‘invader’ after car rams gates of...
- 04:28 Trump ‘will build the wall’ as designs submitted for the disputed...
- 04:22 Nikkei hovers near 2-year highs as tech shares support
- 04:20 Japan May retail sales rise less than expected, growth trend seen...
- 04:18 Golden reunion for this year’s Cropredy Festival
- 04:04 Global coordination important as world economy changes - China vice...
- 03:51 Reliving sitcom classic
- 03:42 Scots economy in 'precarious' position, experts warn
- 03:42 Stalking victim rejects police apology over stabbing
- 03:38 Venezuela crisis: Attorney general banned from leaving country
- 03:35 Radio 1: Why is the station struggling to find new DJs?
- 03:32 UCI Road World Championships 2019: Yorkshire host towns revealed
- 03:32 'My son was circumcised without my consent'
- 03:32 Theresa May to seek backing of MPs for Queen's Speech
- 03:27 U.S. sets criteria for visa applicants from six Muslim countries - AP
- 03:17 France's Engie says to weather LNG oversupply with long-term deals
- 03:16 Trump holds $10m fundraiser at his hotel
- 03:05 Cantonese v Mandarin: When Hong Kong languages get political
- 03:04 Celebration and protest as China president visits Hong Kong
- 03:04 Ransomware cyber-attacks by ‘Russian hackers’ could spark WORLD WAR...
- 02:56 German police officers dismissed for ‘fighting, urinating and...
- 02:51 Alastair Cook and Nick Browne share record first-wicket partnership...
- 02:51 Linfield 1-0 La Fiorita: Jordan Stewart edges Northern Irish...
- 02:51 Former Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs among the candidates for the...
- 02:51 Birmingham appoint Kevin Bond as assistant manager to Harry Redknapp
- 02:51 Former football coach Barry Bennell, 63, appears in court after...